Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Guild Wars

Default Re: Guild Wars

I just got Nightfall as my brother wanted to try it.

It has the same feeling that I felt when I played the first one for the first time. So that is a very good thing for it. Makes me realize how much Factions was a letdown for me. Eventually I will go back through Factions with a toon and complete everything though.

As for Nightfall, having a Hero is very nice. They are much more commandable then the henchmen. Each also can have a skill set, just like yours. Also you can click on their skills just like yours to force them to use a skill. Great if you get them some healing skills and they are ignoring them. Also you can equip weapons and offhands/shields on them. Which is very nice. Their armor auto scales so you don't need to worry about that.

Overall I think Nightfall really brings some life back to a game I stopped playing.

Yeah man if you havent already gotten GW yet you should. I think it is a lot
    better than Wow (but thats my opinion so dont yell) and you dont have to pay
    every month. Plus it looks a lot better. I've played all the expansions and they
    are good. Like Nightrain said Factions sucked, but thats ok if you play the others
    and then go back to it. definitely give it a try.

[Insert Clever Saying Here]

Ya, so far I am liking Nightfall. Leveling is fast, but not rushed like Factions. Having heroes is very nice.

For anyone looking to get into the series I would def go Nightfall first then go to whichever they choose. You get 2 extra classes over Prophecies, and Heroes. Can't go wrong.

Also there are a lot of people still playing Nightfall, so if you do need a group that shouldn't be an issue.

Really it's too bad they don't have a better trial system. I'm getting out of WoW and looking for something more casual, and this looks like a great game. However, this limited trial (they're out of trial keys) is kinda annoying, add to that the 14 hour limit and the hoops you have to jump thru to get a key in the first place. All adds up to me being less interested in it. Which is a shame, Nightfall looks pretty promising though, so maybe I'll snag a copy of it this week while I'm off work.
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

Ya, Nightfall is pretty nice. I haven't played in a week since i hit 20. Lots of college work and such (but not totally as Ive been playing TF2 a bit).

I know the game is based around being lvl 20, but I always have a hard time going on once i hit it. The higher armor doesn't give any more protection, just looks cooler. I'm not an epeen stroker so I could care less for the "cooler" armors.

When I have time ill go back to it and get more skills for pvp or something.

Installing Nightfall now. I think first I'm going to try a Paragon.
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

I liked it alot when i first got it.

I have Phrophices,Factions and Night fall didnt buy Eye of the North.

After having like 6 lvl 20's it got alittle boring eithier know i only beat the first one, but i would say its a good game, i might buy Eye of the North but i been playing Team Fortress 2.

I like the First one the best,then night fall, and probably Eye of the north is better than factions, didnt really like factions( not bad tho).

Havent played in a long time, but ill start again.

My main guy is bigtimekill if you want to add me.

After a day of playing, my Paragon Kiril is level 11. And I have to say I like the game, there are a few nitpicking issues I have with the game, but overall it's just what I needed to fill the wowSlump. Oh, and 2 of my wow accounts sold today. So ... the Animus project will be finished MUCH sooner than originally anticipated.
    The Ghostwheel Project