Thread: Gears of War 2 !!!!!

Default Gears of War 2 !!!!!

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: Gears of War 2 !!!!!

Another game I'd buy if it were coming out for PC... and they need that "Contains material that may be inappropriate for children." label to be slapped on every political debate and most kids' TV shows... or give me a label maker that makes those and I'll just put them on random stuff... mailbox... hobo... soda can... etc.

sweet, i love gears of war i accually done that in all 3 levels.. could see this one to be a disapointing marketing plan tho :/
    but still gears of war gears of war,
    Basic Math:
    1 + 1 = 2
    1 * 1 = 1

hyped up bull****, thats all gears of wars is....
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    hyped up bull****, thats all gears of wars is....
    Gears on 360 = donkey blow.
    Gears on PC = really fun. Controls are waaaay tighter, graphics are nicer, and it's got new content. Trust me, I hated it on 360, but I love it on PC.
    RIP Bucko

Where the hell is the "any" key? HackSore's Avatar

I've been trying to get into it, but the over the shoulder camera angle is completely unplayable for me.
    It seems like it could be a good game other then that, but i just cant get past it.

I don't know what they're going to do for a new weapon though. i mean, the chainsaw bayonet is pretty much the peak of awesome. the ctrl-alt-delete got that right.

@maleficus: i agree, that's what most shooters are for consoles. i haven't bought an fps for console... ever. i'm not terrible at them with the joystick, but it kills the fun.
    AMD 64 X2 6000+ at 3ghz
    2GB RAM
    Diamond ATI Radeon HD 3850 512 MB

eee PC 1000HA with 2gb RAM, 250gb HDD

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    Gears on 360 = donkey blow.
    Gears on PC = really fun. Controls are waaaay tighter, graphics are nicer, and it's got new content. Trust me, I hated it on 360, but I love it on PC.
    EVERYTHING is better on PC. Hands down.

I liked some parts of GoW but I felt like everything else was tailored to a different crowd than the one I stand in.

I liked:
    -The sharpness and color balance of the visual content, it seemed very clean and not muddy.
    -The character deisgns in regard to most of the baddies. Really gruesome looking.
    -The interactivity with the environment, it was fun to bolt through gun fire and slam the character's weight against an old stone wall. I also enjoyed the ability to spray towards enemies when in cover without exposing myself.

I disliked:
    -The overall character design. Unrealistic/unnecessary amount of muscle and exaggerated voice acting. Overall too corny for my liking.
    -The inability to explore maps. The game was completely linear except for the "go left or right" scenarios. *Gasp!* How innovative.
    -Not a whole lot of control in combat when it comes to aiming. Even in zoom mode the bullets are just spraying in a general direction.

I thought the first Gears had potentional from what I saw in trailers but after playing the game I felt mediocre. I imagine the second GoW is going to be a bit gimmicky but maybe not. This is just a pointless post all in all.