Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New stuff

Default New stuff

Just arrived to-day ;

http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/...cat=537&page=1

and this ;

http://www.specialtech.co.uk/spshop/...cat=677&page=1

Decided to use the single 120mm fan/radiator i have and wait until I upgrade my graphics card.

Then I have an excuse to buy more stuff

It will be good to have the watercooling up and running again.The fans are too noisy for my liking

yours wecrookie

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: New stuff

Maybe you could snap us some pictures? Give us a little rundown about quality control and what you think of the product overall?

Its always nice to see a product in a non-professionally picture taken way for some reason. Its like I could look at photos taken by the manufacturer and other professional websites all day, yet I would still want to see a few pictures snapped off by your average joe for some reason.

Congrats by the way. ^_^
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Would be happy to add pics but I've never done this before.

I wouldn't want to stretch the forum.I have no idea how to use the clicky code as i am only a 47 yr old n00b king

Will try when i can find my daughters Camera

yours wecrookie

Here's the pump

The last picture is where i might place it(although how i get a new GPU in with a waterblock on only god knows).If not here it'll have to be the HD cage.

My first impressions of the pump is that it's BIGIt feels nice and solid in your hand and is well finished.I'm very pleased with it.

It looks and feels like a well built bit 'o' kit.It will be the weekend before I actually try to fit it,but i have powered it up and i can tell you it is sooo quiet
    and smooth I had to touch it to make sure it was running.

I cant wait to get it fitted.

yours wecrookie

P.s thanks to Bucko for his guide on imageshack

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Sweeeeet, me want. haha

People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    Sweeeeet, me want. haha

I'm glad you like it, It is, as I've already said, a nice bit 'o' kit

I forgot to mention that it has drilled holes for LED's.It could be lit up better than the Blackpool illuminations

yours wecrookie

Not a Happy Bunny

Checked manual before ordering. It said "thank you for buying our 3/8ths cooling system".

Well it ain't. Its Bloody 8-10 mm and I can't get the bloody hose on my bloody barbs

So after spending Saturday morning stripping down and giving my computer a good cleaning,installing waterblock,reservoir and marking out for my pump I had to use the bloody fan thats driving me nuts.

Well i hear you say just order new barbs. whats all the fuss?

New barbs £2.36.
    Shipping and VAT brings the price to..............£16.87

Oh the joys of living in Northen Ireland. You'd think it was the other side of the universe.

yours a slightly peeved wecrookie

Sorry that happened to ya.

On the other hand I do find the smaller tubes much sexier for most builds. I have the big bulkie 1/2 and I'm thinking the next rig I watercool I will do with the smaller tubing as it looks much nicer imo.

But that sucks that shipping is so high. Wait a bit and order other things you might need along with it...?...

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    Sorry that happened to ya.

<snipped>

But that sucks that shipping is so high. Wait a bit and order other things you might need along with it...?...
    The only other thing I need at the moment is a new GPU,and the site i use for my cooling needs aint cheap when it comes to that

yours wecrookie

After faffing around for a while found a new site that doesn't penalize me for living in N.Ireland

So have ordered new barbs,LED (blue),grommets,and Helixcoils (uv blue) which should be here in a couple of days.

Total price........£10.98

That makes be a very happy.I hate feeling like i was being ripped off.

yours wecrookie