Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fav. Book?

I came, I saw, I conquered killergamer's Avatar

Default Fav. Book?

Ok I know that alot of you must like to read and I was just wondering what some of your fav. books are this includes series...

I like: Inheritance (aka Eragon), Ranger's Apprentice, Enders Game, Inkheart, and pretty much any fantasy books.
    [Kayin] 7:38 pm: Actually, during a hostile takeover, Satan's left nut and all his crabs beat Satan at the board meeting (he didn't know that his crabs held stock)
    and so we're owned by a conglomerate of pubic lice and the left testicle of the Prince of the Powers of the Air.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: Fav. Book?

Anything by Robert Heinlein and pretty much anything SciFi. I like some fantasy too, like LotR, the Eragon series, etc.

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

The Xanth Series, Incarnations of Immortality, any Clive Cussler book, Dragonriders of Pern. Loved 2001:A Space odessy and the 2nd book. A few of the Star Wars books that are out especially the ones after Vector Prime.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bopher View Post
    A few of the Star Wars books that are out especially the ones after Vector Prime.
    Oh, please tell me you are including Vector Prime in your list of SW books that are good. Salvatore is the shiznit. If you don't believe me, do yourself a huge favor and get any of his Forgotten Realms books. Better yet, start at the beginning with 'Streams of Silver' and work your way up from there.

Yes, RA Salvatore is one of my favorite authors. Stephen King too (long time members here will undoubted remember my left field post regarding the Harry Potter series and its connection to Stephen King's Dark Tower series). Although as of late, the only thing I have been reading is textbooks for college.

And regarding Eragon--the author lives in Montana and I have met him once at a book signing. He's a helluva nice kid. Very down to Earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

I love most of David Patterson's Alex Cross books. Along Came a Spider and Cat and Mouse are probably my favorites, but there are so many great ones. Pop Goes the Weasel actually might be my favorite, that one was great as well.

Although old and kinda childish A Wrinkle in Time is probably another favorite. Great book. Just saddened that the sequels never directly picked up where the first left off.

Dan Brown's Angels and Demons was an amazing book as well. DaVinci Code was good but I liked Angels and Demons a crapload more. Digital Fortress was really cool too.

Michael Crichton's Prey was pretty interesting as well. About nano-tech and such.

Alot of the WoW books are pretty interesting as well. Lord Of The Clans by Christie Golden was amazing, atleast for a WoW book. I came to a completely new understanding and love for Thrall. I love that book.

Theres a ton of books I love. Ill try to remember some more. Reading is peaceful. Haven't read in a bit because of school, but I always sleep better after reading.

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post

Michael Crichton's Prey was pretty interesting as well. About nano-tech and such.

Theres a ton of books I love. Ill try to remember some more. Reading is peaceful. Haven't read in a bit because of school, but I always sleep better after reading.
    I love Michael Crichton! my fav. is Timeline just think its sweet how it kinda all goes around in a circle.
    [Kayin] 7:38 pm: Actually, during a hostile takeover, Satan's left nut and all his crabs beat Satan at the board meeting (he didn't know that his crabs held stock)
    and so we're owned by a conglomerate of pubic lice and the left testicle of the Prince of the Powers of the Air.

Books?Pfft.

LOL what kids don't read any more... Pfft I'm 16 and love just sitting down and read. Trust me if you ever just wanna relax read a good book a book can also make the times that your bored go away.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

I read a lot. There are to many to list.

So I will leave you with this my favorite authors in general for reading when I am relaxing and don't have to think are Andy Mcnab, Chris Ryan, Robert Ludlum, Clive Cussler, Tom Clancy, Patrick Robinson.
    Need a sig

I like talking to people that actually read books. All my other friends don't read for fun they think that it is a waste of time then when there board they complain about not having any thing to do.