Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cell phone and WiFi jammers!

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Re: Cell phone and WiFi jammers!

Not sure if i already said this,

But my microwave makes me and everyone else in the house loose wi-fi signal, cell phone calls and other wireless devices (even xbox controllers)

I'm thinking i might need to replace that 1980's microwave, but it cooks burritos like a hydrogen bomb.

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    Not sure if i already said this,

But my microwave makes me and everyone else in the house loose wi-fi signal, cell phone calls and other wireless devices (even xbox controllers)

I'm thinking i might need to replace that 1980's microwave, but it cooks burritos like a hydrogen bomb.
    I'm surprised it cuts cell phone signal, I will say that.

However, I am not surprised that it mucks up anything on the G band. I lose connectivity in the kitchen and master bedroom if I vacuum the living room.
    Last edited by Drum Thumper; 07-18-2011 at 01:03 AM. Reason: i spel gud.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Trace View Post
    Yea, I guess so. Yep, I'm in highschool and thats what I wanted it for. And so does 1 of my teachers haha
    France just legalized it for use in theaters
    You ever see that guy in the theatre who turns around and yells at the people with the phones, to shut the f*ck up or leave?

Yeah, that's me.
    My wife was so embarassed the first time I did it, but a ton of people were cheering as the person stomped out all mad.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    I'm surprised it cuts cell phone signal, I will say that.

However, I am not surprised that it mucks up anything on the G band. I lose connectivity in the kitchen and master bedroom if I vacuum the living room.

I think yall under estimate just how crazy this microwave is.

Darren Kitchen recently demonstrated the interference caused by a microwave oven using a wifi spectrum analyzer on HakTips.

Jump right to 5:20 to see the analyzer output.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    You ever see that guy in the theatre who turns around and yells at the people with the phones, to shut the f*ck up or leave?

Yeah, that's me.
    My wife was so embarassed the first time I did it, but a ton of people were cheering as the person stomped out all mad.
    That was me cheering and clapping.

My brother in law owns and operates a string of movie theatres and he has signs up making sure people know that if they use their cell phone during the movie, they will be kicked out with no refund. He looked into using a jammer until he found out they were illegal. Then he found a product used in many theatres across the country to passively block the signal. A company makes sound deadening panels lined with a layer of tin foil (or something similar) that, if installed correctly, will block all cell signals. After speaking with his lawyers concerning possible lawsuits if people cannot reach 911 in case of emergency, he decided to not install them and instead monitor the use of cell phones in his theatres.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

That would be called a Farady cage.

He could also place emergency phone boxes inside the theater rooms as well as fire extinguishers (those should already be available by the way) and over shoot the need for people to have cellular devices in a emergency situation since a dedicated emergency phone is already on the premises, people and emergency codes existed well before cell phones, take a look at the code books or just call your local non emergency fire department line and ask for a fire inspection visit and see how your bro in law can meet code requirements and solve the issue with cellular devices

but anyways...

a farady cage is the same deal thats used when people step in that cage at shows and tesla coils shoot lighting bolts at the cage with the person inside but magically they aren't harmed!!1!!1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

But you can also use that cage and place a electronic item inside and maintain a very low level of interference. works great for Audio/Video equipment if you want the best possible picture and audio possible but there are tons of other ways to use it.

Basically at its heart all it is, is a grounded piece of metal. and i think it works by making all the passing waves give its energy back to a earthen ground instead of the material passing the energy forward sort of like a sound wave.

[edit] lol at the bottom of the wiki page is listed

The cooking chamber of a microwave oven is a Faraday cage, made to contain the RF signals of the cavity magnetron which cooks the food.
    Mine must have a faulty ground from the cage? I wonder if my contact is corroded or its become loose in some way?

Maybe that is the problem with all the problem microwaves is a faulty path to ground?

Hold on mother f@#kers i'm going downstairs and checking my ground on the outlet and see what sort of resistance i get from it.

Look up Tempest shielding sometime. I'm still trying to get the hardware for it. THAT's killing a signal.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08