I also posted this in the war on temperature section, but I wasn't sure exactly here to put this topic since it's a problem with both my mobo and fans. I figured I should post it in both.

I've run into a very interesting problem with my computer. The fan ports for every case fan (not the cpu fan) don't work. They aren't sending any power to the fans.

I just moved my system to a case I built, and during the move noticed that a 16V transistor (or resistor, whichever ones are the cylinders that extend from the mobo) had been broken off by my video card. It was directly in front of the PCI E 1 port on my Asus M2N SLI deluxe mobo. I did jam it back into place but I'm not sure if I managed to make the connections with it. I doubt this is the reason that my fans aren't working, but it could be.

So if anyone knows as to why case fan ports on the M2N SLI deluxe mobo stop functioning please let me know. Right now I'm daisy chaining a bunch of fans from my CPU fan port, and my system is entirely air cooled, so I need the other fans to start working at full power.

Thanks in advance.

PS, even though the fans aren't working, my computer is running just fine.

PSS. if an admin wants to delete one of these topics please delete the other one, since this is more of a mobo problem.