Page 1 of 25 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: DnA

Default DnA

DnA – a casemod by p0Pe

Sponsored by

www.coolbits.dk
    &
    www.matronics.dk

Hello again fokes this is the newest projekt i have begun.

The project is going to be build apon an antec P190 case wich I recently got my fingers on (needed a powersupply and since the case comes with 1200 Watts of power, 650W & 550W that was another reason to buy it)

The plans is a following:
    1: Make cover plates for most of the interior stuff
    2: maybe cut a window beside of the big 250 mm cooler
    3: place reservoir on the top
    4: watercool the hell out of the punk!
    5: make a black & white colour scheme. black fluid, white light.

So what do I need for this? Well… lets start with the BIG thingie!
    I got my hands on this lovely thing:

The MO-RA 2PRO radiator! 9*120 mm! that’s 1080 mm of cooling dudes! So I hope that this ting can passive cool my system which consists of following:
    AMD phenom X4 9850 BE
    Ati X1950XT-X
    In these 2 things is about 300 Watts of heat that needs to be dealt with. In my current setup (scrapheap challenge) this is done by a 120,3 mm radiator with idle temps @ 40/45 C. so I hope to keep these temps, or beat them

and for the case i got the P190

Lets begin
    First of all.. there is some smaller damage on the case because the previous owner had a leak in his system, which he blamed on the huge MO-RA radiator, because his pump literally blew up xD.

I did prove him wrong though. In the same system as he had the MO-RA raddy he had 2 of the little handy things called quick connectors (the things that closes the waterflow when taken apart).

Now, I knew that these would restrict the waterflow, I just didn’t knew how much, so I made a test, which can be seen here:
    http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ad.php?t=15352
    as you can see they absolutely KILL the flow of the system, so I decided to put them in the “keeper” box

the first thing I did was of course a lot of thinking but I have no pic´s of that sry:/
    then I made up cardbox models of how I wanted the whole thing to look:

I put a model in the top to cover the two 140 mm fans. IMO they were way to visible.
    Then I made some for the 5.25 bay, and both hdd cages.
    Then I made some sketches for how they could possibly end up looking:

The big plate is the one that has to cover up the 2*140 mm fans, and some wires. The other ones is the three you also see in the cardbox models at the bays.
    Then I mounted the radiator on the left side of the case. Since I cant get the radiator off without bleeding the system, I didn’t wanted to have it on the right side so that I couldn’t get into all the hardware easily.
    The thing is mounted with something that looks like mother board spacers. Ill maybe post a pic later on, but here it is on the case side:

(the case side, and the radiator has a weight of 7.2 kilo´s alone!!!)
    This fan will make sure that my system don’t overheat in any circumstances lol:

Just a little comparison to and ordinary P182 case (the P190 is almost 10 cm longer xD)

And here you see the whole the previous owner made for the radiator. He had it on the side with the huge fan. Don’t know how ill hide these… ill find out xD

This is how I plan to mount the pump. I am using a ddc+ pump and am gonna pair it with a XSPC reservoir top:

And a little overview. You can see the pump, and another cardboard at the rear fan. Ill post sketches of this later on

You might notice that I have taken the included fan holder off in the PSU section. I did this because I think its big and clumsy. So I threw it out, and mounted some fan grills on the fan because I didn’t wanted to have the cables from the PSU´s conflicting with the fan…

As seen in this picture of an P182 the cables from the PSU comes very close to the fan :S

That’s it ill update… yeah.. when I get something done lol…
    All that’s left to do is to show this pic of the whole mombo with the raddy on the side… damn that thing is big!

Have fun!
    Last edited by p0Pe; 08-13-2008 at 09:55 AM.
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Default Re: DnA

Yeah, thats a cruel mother of a case you've got there p0Pe
    This is going to be interesting to follow !!!

woohoo! Another project by the pontiff!
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

wow... disclosed yesterday bout the rad and starts today? thats fast mate

Whoa, mama! That's a decent-sized rad right there.

...and what happened to the former owner of that case is what has really kept me from going the water-cooling route just yet. Too scared that I'll destroy everything.

+Rep

yeah.. it did cost him a few harddrives lol... but as you see in the link i posted that was purely beacuse of the quick connectors so as long as your carefull, its safe and colder
    the shop i have to order vital parts from is closed duo to vacation, and cant get anything cut in the next 2 weeks either so i have plenty of time to make sketches and .cad drawings so that i can send all of the stuff and hopefully complete this mod quicker than the last one xD

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Quote Originally Posted by p0Pe View Post
    ...but as you see in the link i posted that was purely beacuse of the quick connectors so as long as your carefull, its safe and colder
    Well, your link crashed my browser several times when I tried it this morning, so I'll just have to take your word on it...

then just try to save it from this link its the one named flow test in the bottom

http://tosed.dk/billeder/DnA/

should work
    (what browser are you using? i remember firefox 2.0 had that fault)

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

That's one hell of a radiator! Been considering taking a window air conditioner apart, but that'd actually be a fair bit smaller than this...! Nice huge case for it too, can't wait to see how this turns out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

yeah the raddy is a tad big but ill need it XD or not lol

Back again with new parts (sry for crappy pics, only got cell atm:/ )

I ordered a fan for the raddy, and a reservoir top for my ddc pump (this is the best top for the ddc pumps atm!).

And as you see there is 2 fans behind the pump! This is because I wanted a window in the side, but there was a big fan in the way. So instead of cutting and filling to my hands started bleeding I used the hole that was already there.

First I removed the fan and the dust filter

And then, a nice window with a fine mesh that will fit the rest of the “mesh” theme. In the place where there were a dust filter before I plan to put in some acrylic. Black, or white wich is the overall color scheme.

As you see this is 400 mm of cooling potential 2*200 mm fans!!! This should keep the temps down. I will make a cover for them which will sit on top will look something like the other fan holes I made in previous sketches.

This is a little view of how big the raddy and fans actually are xD

And how the tubes are gonna enter the case. This will look rather hot IMO!

Did I mention the color of the fluid?

BLACK! And with white light this should look AWSOME! (I hope lol)

That was all for now next will be finished sketches of the parts that needs to be cut!

Stay cool!
    -p0Pe

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]