Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help finding cpu

Default help finding cpu

i need to find a fairly good cpu for a elite group K7s5a pro rev 5 mobo im a noob

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Default Re: help finding cpu

What speed range, what price range, and are you willing to buy used?

its amd socket 462 um im prob guna overclock it once i lean how um wat a good speed ya used as long as it works also should the screen have any thing on it with a cpu when i turn on the pc

It's best to save up for a new system. Socket A is now 3 generations old, you might have some problems.
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

I asked if you are willing to buy used, as they were expensive new on newegg, as in around $300. Now they don't even have them. The old DDR memory is also more than twice as much as DDR2. If you're willing to look on ebay, here you go http://computers.shop.ebay.com/items...Q_scZ1QQ_sopZ1

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    It's best to save up for a new system. Socket A is now 3 generations old, you might have some problems.
    This. It's amazing how much money you can spend finding parts that it the mobo you have vs just buying a new mobo.

i wish i had the money ive spent like 500 on just modding supplies i had to start with buy ing the case and i already bout the cpu water block for that socket i will buy it used but wat kind will work with that mobo

anything on that link I posted should work, although you *might* have to upgrade the bios.

is a ASUS A8N-sli primeum socket 939 a good mobo

939's a socket behind - well, one and a half, really. Buying a motherboard today, your best option would be something that takes DDR2 - either socket AM2 or LGA 775.

As much as I like the old Socket A stuff, it's getting harder to find. The ECS board you have isn't bad, but if you can't find something (almost any Athlon/Athlon XP with 133 MHz FSB will work) cheaply, I wouldn't bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...