Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you had a trillion dollars....

Default If you had a trillion dollars....

What would you do? I would:

Buy a giant mansion with:

A 100 car garage(filled with a bunch of expensive cars)
    A kitchen with It's own Dunken Doghnuts, Baskin Robins, Drive Thru, and soda machine that looks like a dispenser from TF2.
    My bedroom would be the size of 3 basketball courts , with a giant bed to cover it. Pressing a button would hide the bed and turn the room into a giant trampoline, pressing it again would make it into the worlds most awesome ball pit, complete with diving board and swim up bar(In a ball pit!)
    I would have my own Apeture Science center,that actually had cake at the end. A cake the size of the Whitehouse!
    All the bathrooms would be made out of solid gold. The shower would be a waterfall.
    I would have 3 giant pools, one filled with water,one filled with soda, and one filled with the finest red wine. At each there would be a hot tube that looks like a volcano, with lights that make it glow red so it looks like lava.
    Add a jungle where I will breed monkeys, and a special area where i would breed special monkeys to fight in my gladiator arena.
    Build a computer cluster that holds the record for most hard drive capacity,then fill up all the hard drives with copies of huge txt files that just repeat "Haha, i have the computer cluster with the most hard drive capacity!"
    Build and awsome gaming PC.
    Have a lan party room with hundreds of systems with the same specs as my gaming pc.

And finnnally, pay Steve Jobs to be able to go on stage during his keynote, smash a whole bunch of Apple products, piss on the pile of rubble, then cover it with lighter fliud and set it alight.Then, using my high defenition camera, catch the reaction of crying fanboys on video and put it on Youtube.

After that i would donate a crapload of money to charity, maybe a couple million to everyone at TBCS, then spend the rest of my life building cases in my Modders workshop that has every single tool you'd ever need , that the walls has every sq inch covered with LEDs.

Default Re: If you had a trillion dollars....

For the purposes of "unlimited funds" (this is, basically) I'd buy a couple hundred acres up North, either New Hampshire or Vermont, pay 'em to run FiOS up there, and spend my life tinkering with computers... and I'd take on projects (particularly old cars) that anyone without a fat wallet and skewed sense of value wouldn't dare go near.

It goes without saying that a good chunk of it would end up distributed amongst various charities, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

Vampires are also allergic to bulldozers BerticusPryme's Avatar

hmmmm...Most of it would go to Diabetic and Cancer research. The rest would go to various friends and family members. My mother would get the log cabin she has always wanted. My dad would get his dream firebird. The wife and I would get a new house that is completely solar and/or wind powered so we could live off the grid shy of a internet connection among various other things and i would get a computer that when it was powered on a little red light would go of some where in the pentagon where the little weasly guy would then be watching it saying oh hell he turned it on again.

I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar

Hmm..this is a hard one.

buy my parents their dream retirement home and give them enough to retire, get my dream woodworking bussiness and spend my days building computers and cabinetry

...oh and give some to charity of course
    Will

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

A trillion is too much to work with. I'd give at least a million dollars to each member of TBCS
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I would build a reasonable house that suits my needs... music studio, office, tower that is two stories above the rest of the house (I want this anyway), some sort of workshop... whatever else I think of.

I would find ways to occupy my time though, no need to go insane just because I do not have the monetary need to work. I would be reluctant to go flat out ballistic spending money on frivolous things (like cars, cameras, video games, etc.) because I feel like I would get bored very, very quickly and refuse to turn become tempted to abuse drugs or alcohol.

Other than my own personal interests, I would invest in various forms of energy, such as solar, wind, and nuclear power; medical research (and make sure the money gets used properly); forestry and other ways to keep the planet beautiful; etc. etc. I would definitely have things to do.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

$700 billion economy bailout anybody?

haha, no.

I don't know. Probably give a lot of it away. Get two, three cars. Get a nice house out in the mountains nearby. Get some really good musical instruments and amps and stuff. Spend a lot of money paying for my bandmates gear. Spend the rest of my life playing music and driving cars without a care in the world. Buy a house for my sister, and buy 24 hour nursing care, in-home of course. Get her the best everything money can buy.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Well, after giving most of it to the government in taxes . . .

I would buy a couple thousand acres of deciduous forest somewhere back east.

I would build a private race track above the tree line.

I would hire scientists to research Terra Preta farming and pyrolysis as a way of becoming a carbon negative planet to reverse all the CO2 we've put in the air, while simultaneously getting a greater yield in crops and solving many of our energy issues.

I would build an observatory that looked like an old grain silo.

I would build several small homes (I'm not a big fan of huge buildings, I'd rather have several small ones) for me and my family. I'd also build a large barn for me to tinker with, and a garage that looked like converted horse stables.

I would convert a limo into a 100+ mpg family car (I plan on having 7 kids and refuse to drive anything resembling a van, but want everyone to fit in the same car). The top of the limo would have solar panels on it (it makes sense considering there are 90+ square feet on top of it).

I would have several dorm buildings and would sponsor marching bands to come and rehearse on my band-only field. Football would never be played there, unless the band nerds wanted to in their free time.

I would have a marble in-ground swimming pool. Fiber optic lights would "reflect" the night sky's stars.

I would also have a Wavehouse to surf on. It would be on a different part of the property since it would mess up the "yesterday" feel of the rest of the complex.

Those are the big things about the complex, I could go on and on though . . .

About 10 miles from my private complex I would start my own private city. Roads would be behind the houses instead of in front, and people would have a communal front lawn. The city would be self sustainable (no outside trade necessary to survive, but would be encouraged), would be able to maintain a population of 50,000, and would only cover 312 square miles (the idea being that if everyone on the planet had the same footprint, and we left space for animals, we would each only get 4 acres). However, the people in the city would maintain the same quality of life as in other cities in America though more community oriented thinking and living.

Does all his own stunts mittelmeier's Avatar

I'd donate a large chunk to cancer and diabetes research, have a house built, buy a crap load of real estate for investments, I'd retire for a few years and then get bored and work for myself. I'd probably donate computers and other expensive supplies to under funded schools and have some toys. I'd also make sure all of my family was taken care of for their life and probably the next few generations.

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Hmm. Buy a good size chunk of land back east, probably in Northern MA. Build my dream house and workshop/garage. Pay off all my bills. Put a large chunk in a trust fund for my daughter. Help both sides of the family pay everything off. Build some investments and give them to the family to keep money coming in for them. Make a few investments that would keep my wife and daughter funded if anything happened to me and then make huge donations to charities and education. Do a lot of traveling around the world. May have to con one of my brothers to help me buy property in the UK.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."