Thread: I need help with a virus!!

I came, I saw, I conquered killergamer's Avatar

Default I need help with a virus!!

I have encountered a virus tonight that I can not get rid of....I have ran AVG, Malware bytes and various other virus cleaners but they just cant get rid of the dang virus...Note this is not on my computer but please try to help me. Its for a really good friend of mine who happens to sign my checks at work... any ways its called Anti Spyware 2009 its like XP Antivirus 2008's evils little brother... The thing has made the computer so slow that I cant even turn on the Internet or when I go task manager its super slow....The virus is using all the systems resources... My friend asked if it would be best just to reinstall his xp and I said I would make sure with "freinds" (you guys)? He has the windows restore disk from when he got the computer and if you guys could direct me to a good guide on how to restore a computer that would be perfect unless its a stupid proof thing I have never had to worry about it on my computer...please give me a little information on how to do it is what I'm saying.

Thank you +rep to those who at least attempt to help.
    Killergamer AKA Andy
    [Kayin] 7:38 pm: Actually, during a hostile takeover, Satan's left nut and all his crabs beat Satan at the board meeting (he didn't know that his crabs held stock)
    and so we're owned by a conglomerate of pubic lice and the left testicle of the Prince of the Powers of the Air.

Default Re: I need help with a virus!!

Have you tried a manual remove?

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-antispyware-2009.html

Kill processes:
    Antispyware 2009.exe unins000.exe

Delete registry values:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\Antispyware 2009
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Antispyware 2009
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent\Post Platform “Antispyware2009″
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run “Antispyware2009″

Delete files:
    Antispyware 2009.exe unins000.exe unins000.dat

Also found this recent link

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7082110AAML1Gu

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rHNGyMmeCZE

Alternately can you roll back to a restore point prior to installation?

For re-installing windows, just pop in the disc and go from there. Nothing complicated, just some questions. Can you do a system restore instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephik
    Quote Originally Posted by DonT-FeaR
    i believe its cake that attracts fat kids... not the other way around
    Yea well you try telling a fat kid that.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

I've fixed this several times so trust me.....

Malwarebytes will work, and this is how. Open MSConFig and shut off everything in StartUp, then reboot. Disconnect your internet so that it doesn't talk with it's host. Start MalwareBytes and open the Task Manager. While MalwareBytes scans look in the Task Manager for anything that does not seem right. Look on the net on another PC (if you have one) for anything that you do not know should be running in the task manager. There may be bogus services running, for instance:

'lssas.exe' is a normal service that should be running, but once I also saw 'lssas_.exe' which is your virus in disguise.

There are a few things you can kill without doing harm except explorer.exe and a few others. You may have to run it more than once to find it all, but it will work. You DO NOT have to wipe your system to fix this.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

There was the same thing and much more on my parents' old computer (that they were using at the time), so I just said f*ck it, and re-installed windows. It actually ran fast for a little while.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

I came, I saw, I conquered killergamer's Avatar

I fixed it.... Just had to kill all the stuff that I didnt need up. I then procceded to setting up the wireless for there laptops. I also setup passwords and did full system cleanings on both computers.... I got a total of 5! dollers... I spent like 3 hours at there house I also had to run home and get them the install for IE becuase it had died and would not work so I put on FF and got there fav's then tryed IE and it still wasent working so I unistalled IE and then installed it and put there fav back on...
    [Kayin] 7:38 pm: Actually, during a hostile takeover, Satan's left nut and all his crabs beat Satan at the board meeting (he didn't know that his crabs held stock)
    and so we're owned by a conglomerate of pubic lice and the left testicle of the Prince of the Powers of the Air.

5 dollars?

I'm assuming since they sign your checks, you'll see an extra something at the end of month? I'd have to go medieval otherwise.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by killergamer View Post
    I got a total of 5! dollers
    Not much, although I guess he is your friend. When I work on other people's computers, I usually get paid $20+. I don't think I ever gotten paid for anything that I did for my parents having to do with the computer.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.