Thread: "because i can"

Rankenphile

Default Re: "because i can"

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    you know what they say rich, emulation is the sincerest form of flattery
    Meh. I still prefer cash.

Anodized

well spoken my friend well spoken. im new to the whole modding thing and im really enjoying the work on my warbox case. even though its one snag after another

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by richmandudeus
    Recently, i have came out of hiding from the public about being a modder. I'm no master but no novices here either. I have been ridiculed for all the things that i have been doing to other peoples cases (and getting paid for it hehe ). The computer department and other fellow pc knowers at my work give me a hard time with such things like:

Why don't you just get a good case?
    Why the hell would you do that?
    Why would you put a sub and speakers into the case when you won't get such good left and right seperation?
    What the hell are the wheels for?
    Why in the hell did you put a window on your harddrives, powersupply, and cd-rom drives?
    Why use an old beat up beige case when you can just buy a new one with all the good stuff on it already?
    Those ideas are all pointless and stupid; why would you do that at all?

Well to all those put downs and questions that people with such little imagination or just don't grasp the meaning of the words custom-mod, I speak on behalf of all modders new and old, experienced or novice, even the ones that have great and boundless ideas but don't have the tools or means to do it, I answer all those peoples questions with a simple answer...

"BECAUSE I CAN."

my 2 cents
    I have to agree with you most of my college chums think modding and splashing out on such a powerful PC but expensive a complete waist of time I just say they have no imagination etc!!

some custom title eh Cannibal23's Avatar

ya and they told columbus that sailing arround to prove the world wasnt flat was stupid and useless too. to tell a modder that case modding is stupid or pointless it to brodcast your lack of creativity and ignorance to anyone with any kind of artistic talent. you might as well say why paint or sculpt or write books or screen plays. yes lets as a race just give up createing anything as a whole and become as bland and uncreative as our beige cold pc cases.

we do this because its an oppertunity to put our mark on something unique. why do we put posters up? how come we carry pictures of our friends arround with us? how come you got some personal spcific thing sitting on your desk at work? it all comes down to the same thing. i want the world to see that this is mine and like me there is none other exactly like it.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal23
    ya and they told columbus that sailing arround to prove the world wasnt flat was stupid and useless too. to tell a modder that case modding is stupid or pointless it to brodcast your lack of creativity and ignorance to anyone with any kind of artistic talent. you might as well say why paint or sculpt or write books or screen plays. yes lets as a race just give up createing anything as a whole and become as bland and uncreative as our beige cold pc cases.

we do this because its an oppertunity to put our mark on something unique. why do we put posters up? how come we carry pictures of our friends arround with us? how come you got some personal spcific thing sitting on your desk at work? it all comes down to the same thing. i want the world to see that this is mine and like me there is none other exactly like it.
    Well that is the esence of art, isn't it? Expressing your creactivity through a medium and claiming that "Hey world, this is mine; I worked to create this, and I am proud." Of course, it helps if it looks good ... Case modding is not only a form of art, but it can have practical applications as well. Let us consider early 90's computer cases and compare them to the designs of today. Cases of today, with unique designs, forms of cooling, and all sorts of shapes and sizes did not surface on their own. There were computer users out there who did not want the bland uniformity all computer cases back then inherently had. They dared to be different. There's my 2 cents.
    - AMD Athlon64 3200+@2.2Ghz | Gigabyte K8NSC-939 nForce3 250Gb | ASUS 6600GT 256MB |1GB Kingston ValueRAM

Fresh Paint

Because I can be a newb and not care,
    because i can design something that i like,
    because i can succeed where others have failed,
    because i can be part of a community,
    because i can be artistic and expressive,
    because i can spend money that i should save,
    because i can, because i can!

hey guys, i just joined the forums. I'm working on an idea i've had for a few years now but havnt had the time/money/ability to even attempt it till now. It's nice to have found a place where i feel i fit in.

good luck to everyone on doing it because we can.

Keep the ideas flowing and the innovation comming.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Indeed.

Why do we mod?

Because we can. =]

Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    Indeed.

Why do we mod?

Because we can. =]
    Roll the bones.

azminisk8r

on an earlier note, it truly is amazing what people can do with little to no funds, D@$% YOU CHILD LABOR LAWS lol

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

I'm very lucky in one area--a fiancé who is very supportive of me when it comes to anything I care to put my mind to.

I'm not doing this to prove anything to anyone except myself, and I'm very much my own worst critic.

Plus, it's a lot of fun to play with electronics, power tools, paint...
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream