Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Commodores

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default The New Commodores

Newegg has the new Commodore's. Ugly cases.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Default Re: The New Commodores

Its like a throwback case.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    Its like a throwback case.
    I disagree. If it was completely beige and had a working turbo button, then it would be a throwback. That thing is fugly.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

That thin is ugly as hell. And they call it a gaming case with only a 2.5ghz processor and a 9600. Wow

Quote Originally Posted by gramatton View Post
    That thin is ugly as hell. And they call it a gaming case with only a 2.5ghz processor and a 9600. Wow
    That's a 2.5 C2Q, which certainly isn't anything to sneeze at. The video card could stand an upgrade at that price, though... either that, or give us an upgrade from the onboard sound.

Anyway, new Commodores... right...

Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyPlushroom View Post
    That's a 2.5 C2Q, which certainly isn't anything to sneeze at. The video card could stand an upgrade at that price, though... either that, or give us an upgrade from the onboard sound.

Anyway, new Commodores... right...

Hahaha. Great laugh
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Thats weird, I haven't even heard of the new Commodores before. Cool. Is that the actual case I'm looking at or is it just the box it comes in? I like the 8-Bit side, but I don't really like the other side. As for the price...

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/M...px?ID=11468548

Its not that bad. Although the one I created is probably better. I'm not sure about the motherboard, but I bet the system memory and power supply are way better than the commodores. But if I really wanted, I could spend a little extra and get the Asus Rampage instead and then it would be undoubtedly better and only for about a hundred dollars extra.

I didn't put that list together while looking for the best parts by the way, I'm sure you could build a better rig for around that same price, but I just tried to copy what they had for the most part, except I probably have higher quality components than their stuff. (like the PSU and RAM for example)

So anyways, the price isn't too bad, its about right actually. So long as they are using decent quality parts inside their rigs I mean. If they are using some weird cheap parts like what you get from most name brand companies, then its priced a couple hundred too high.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Anyone who blows almost $300 on a mobo is retarded.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    Anyone who blows almost $300 on a mobo is retarded.
    LOL, I am looking at a Asus Crosshair II Formula I have sitting right next to me and I have to agree with you.
    I am waiting for Biostar to send my N750 back (paid $100 OpenBox at Newegg) For 1/3 the price it was a much better value.

I miss my Vic-20 and Com 64. (lol, I just realized I paid about $1500 for them and the peripherals back around '81)

I blew a total of 89.95 for my mobo. Great overclocker. MSI K9N2G. I'm lovin it, although it's not Intel.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.