Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally got my ASUS Vento 3600!

Fresh Paint

Default Finally got my ASUS Vento 3600!

Here are the pics!

I'll have a few questions since I am a noob modder. First, how do i get the plastic panels off of the case?

woy...collokweee...weeble weeble blaaaat artoodeeto's Avatar

Default Re: Finally got my ASUS Vento 3600!

sledgehammer?

Never having seen one of these before, I'd start by pulling off the side panel. From there, you should be able to see at least some of what's holding the other panels on. If they're screwed into the metal frame, it should be pretty easy, as long as you can fit a screwdriver in there. If they're clipped in, it might be harder - you may have to simultaneously push on a couple clips with flathead screwdrivers and carefully push at the same time to start getting a panel off.

Pretty cool looking case though - I'll be interested to see what you do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    I'd mod my dog if i could.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    (Steam me.... that sounds bad >_<)

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    sledgehammer?

Never having seen one of these before, I'd start by pulling off the side panel. From there, you should be able to see at least some of what's holding the other panels on. If they're screwed into the metal frame, it should be pretty easy, as long as you can fit a screwdriver in there. If they're clipped in, it might be harder - you may have to simultaneously push on a couple clips with flathead screwdrivers and carefully push at the same time to start getting a panel off.

Pretty cool looking case though - I'll be interested to see what you do with it.
    It's clipped in.. and so it's such a pain! I only found out how to take off the front but it's wayyy too hard to do it alone. Just take a look at Skateboxx's I want mine practically the same maybe more in the future.

These cases are so weird. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

That's not a case...it's an alien ship in disguise. Don't go to sleep...
    Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

okay so i own a vento as well. (maybe you've seen my logs)

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ad.php?t=22198

on the side panels there are push tabs, push all the push tabs down (avoid the stand offs) and it'll slide backwards

if its the side with the crank deal, remove the screw on the gear (on the inside) the gear will pull off (its tabbed so it goes back in right) then the other knob will come off and then repeat as the other side goes.

beware, the front has two screws holding it in along the bottom OUTSIDE the case, you need a flat head screw driver to pop two tabs on the inside as well, kind of hard to get to and hard to spot but they are there.

the top is also hard to align with the front, so take your time if you take the top off.

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    okay so i own a vento as well. (maybe you've seen my logs)

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ad.php?t=22198

on the side panels there are push tabs, push all the push tabs down (avoid the stand offs) and it'll slide backwards

if its the side with the crank deal, remove the screw on the gear (on the inside) the gear will pull off (its tabbed so it goes back in right) then the other knob will come off and then repeat as the other side goes.

beware, the front has two screws holding it in along the bottom OUTSIDE the case, you need a flat head screw driver to pop two tabs on the inside as well, kind of hard to get to and hard to spot but they are there.

the top is also hard to align with the front, so take your time if you take the top off.
    Yes, I've definitely seen your logs and you got a great rig going there! it looks fantastic. I've been having major problems with the front, top and bottom but the sides come off fairly easily. I'll take a look into it tomorrow thank you!

Fresh Paint

I'm trying to replace the bottom lights on the vents since they are very dim. Anybody have recommendations on where to buy then? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Fresh Paint

I made the vent on the back near the GPU but I can't seem to find the proper hole size for the modder's mesh. Does anyone know the hole size? I will post pics later

Fresh Paint

[IMG]
    [/IMG]

I know the work is shoddy... I need help with the vent hole. How do I smooth out the rough edges? Also, does anyone know the proper hole size? This is my first mod and probably my only mod so I would appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks guys.