Thread: Fan opinions please.

Default Fan opinions please.

My Upcoming build will be a bit of a dual purpose box, would like it to run cool and silent for normal use, then be able to overclock it to hell and crank up the fans for gaming.

so i am Looking for some 120MM fans that will move decent air and run silently at low rpms, but can be cranked up to move a lot of air when necessary.

I know there are a ton of opinions on fans, i'd love to hear a few. Thanks guys!

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: Fan opinions please.

the Noctua fans are supposed to be some of the quietest fans out there, although their colors leave something to be desired lol

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Absolutely agreed, Noctua makes the best fans I've had the pleasure of working with. They're pricey, and as mentioned their color scheme is... unique, but they are unmatched in my experience in silence and performance.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Ewww. i can always paint them right?

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Of course you can. Surely you weren't planning leaving your fans.... stock?

(Not that I would judge, really, what you do in your own modding area is your own business.)
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Quote Originally Posted by blueonblack View Post
    Of course you can. Surely you weren't planning leaving your fans.... stock?

(Not that I would judge, really, what you do in your own modding area is your own business.)
    I'd mod my dog if i could.

Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    I'd mod my dog if i could.
    Yup, he found the right place.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field