Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Endless errors

Default Re: Endless errors

Yeh thats what my thoughts were, I installed the most recent WHQL nvidia driver but still no joy I'm afraid. Have tested the RAM thoroughly in MemTest+ at 800 and 1066 with both sticks in and each stick individually in both A and B slots and haven't seen any errors in those despite getting the 8000 odd errors when I tried it before. Wondering if those errors were a symptom of something else just don't have a clue what!
    'All I know is my gut says, "Maybe".'

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

It may sound stupid but maybe try new sata/ide cables. I remember a while back when I had my desktop the clamp on the sata cable eventually got tired of the position it was stuck in and wouldn't stay in straight. Anyway, Once it crashed and wouldn't start back up... took me a little while to find out why.

As said before, it sounds like a mobo or driver issue. Personally, I don't see a psu giving you acpi crashes but then again, I've had some crazy errors due to an overheating/bad psu...

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stockholm1984 View Post
    Yeh thats what my thoughts were, I installed the most recent WHQL nvidia driver but still no joy I'm afraid. Have tested the RAM thoroughly in MemTest+ at 800 and 1066 with both sticks in and each stick individually in both A and B slots and haven't seen any errors in those despite getting the 8000 odd errors when I tried it before. Wondering if those errors were a symptom of something else just don't have a clue what!
    This leads me to believe that either the RAM wasn't seated properly or you might have a bad board. Are you still getting these errors?
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Last night I ran a ChkDsk on my C: drive, it fixed a few erroneous file attributions, took ages to verify the free disk space and then crashed. The system wouldn't start up again until this morning having been left switched off at the wall overnight. The crash ended with yet another BSOD with no heading but gave me 0x0000008E ACPI.sys etc. It definitely looks as though there's something with the hard drives. I'm almost 100% certain that it isn't the drive itself as I've had this problem before after running chkdsk so I upgraded to the drive I have now. Does this error ring any bells to anyone?

To answer your question DrumThumper I'm pretty sure the RAM was seated fine as the system then didn't error when I ran MemTest+ on the lower setting. I haven't run MemTest+ since the last time I posted but will try again tonight and see if the errors appear again after last nights crash.

I would try running memtest again, and let it run for a while, especially if it seems okay. Usually if memory is popping errors intermittently in memtest its signs of something else i.m.e, but make sure you run it long enough and not just a couple minutes.

I don't see how it could be the gpu drivers though, as memtest gets run before windows itself boots up, hence before the nvidia drivers, no?

As per usual, make sure everything is connected well, re-seat everything to make sure there is good connections. Start removing unnecessary components to see if the problem insists.

Ran MemTest+ for 3 and half hours yesterday and nothing came up. Changed my SATA cables and switched to ACPI 2 in the BIOS to see if that helped as is usually the ACPI.sys file that causes the problem. I left a chkdsk running over night but when I got up this morning I had another blue screen waiting with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x000000D1 error waiting for me. Have looked at the system log but I can't make out head or tail of what its telling me. If I posted the details would anyone be able to work out what components are causing the problem from the various strings of numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by XcOM View Post
    my bro has just had the same issue the last few days, we found the problem was nvidia drivers causing the problem, reverted back to the last WHQL release of drivers and its been fine since.
    sorry if i didn't make that clear, but when i said last, i ment previous version, not the latest release, the Nvidia drivers all talk to each other, makesure you use the old nforce drivers too,

We were getting random errors and different DLL's and SYS files causing errors, like i said in the end it was the latest nvidia drivers.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!