Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Help. Cant view site from home.

Custom Title Honors

Default Help. Cant view site from home.

Sorry if this is in the wrong location but it seemed the most fitting.
    I don't think it's anything to do with the site as I am able to connect from work... eh? lol But when I am at home I cannot connect to the site. I can look it up through google and click the link. All I get is a "Page cannot be found" error. I can click cached but it just shows the links and I can't get anywhere with them.

I have tried
    -typing in the address bar thebestcasescenario.com, www.thebestcasescenario.com with no success.
    -pinging www.thebestcasescenario.com with no success
    -couldn't find IP of site to try and ping/connect to
    -Plugged PC directly into modem (have a WRT54G Router)
    -Restarted the modem and PC
    -Disabled Antivirus (just to try it)
    -I am able to get to any other site I could think of except this one.
    -Tried from IE and Firefox

Workstation hardware in sig. Running Win XP Pro on RoadRunner

Not sure what else I need to post.

Thanks for any help
    Outlaw

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Default Re: Help. Cant view site from home.

You aren't the first to have issues. Have you tried using a proxy? Have a look through this thread - http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ad.php?t=17355

Custom Title Honors

Sorry, didn't see that post and i used the wrong search words. Should I just repost on that one?

When it says "a proxy", I am thinking of Proxy server. Do I need to call my ISP now to get that or is there something I am missing? We do use one at work, but the internet here won't work without it.

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Sorry, didn't see that post and i used the wrong search words. Should I just repost on that one?

When it says "a proxy", I am thinking of Proxy server. Do I need to call my ISP now to get that or is there something I am missing? We do use one at work, but the internet here won't work without it.
    You won;t get a proxy server from your ISP. You can try toonel.net. It will work, as long as you have java. Just change the proxy settings in your browser to 127.0.0.1 port 8080, and it should work once toonel is up and running. It might not be as fast as some proxies, but it always works.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Custom Title Honors

Cool. Thanks. As long as it works. I can deal with it being a little slow... i hope. lol I will try this when I get home.

Thanks!

Custom Title Honors

OK, I don't know what I did wrong but it still didn't work. I used Toonel.net, and set my proxy on both IE and Firefox to 127.0.0.1 and port 8080. When I tried to even load google it would fail. Toonel was pointed at 127.0.0.1 and port 8080 for the local and 7999 for host port.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    OK, I don't know what I did wrong but it still didn't work. I used Toonel.net, and set my proxy on both IE and Firefox to 127.0.0.1 and port 8080. When I tried to even load google it would fail. Toonel was pointed at 127.0.0.1 and port 8080 for the local and 7999 for host port.
    Default settings. Toonel will work without any extra configuration. The problem must be with something on your computer. Did you try clearing your cookies? But that shouldn't cause the page to not load. And thank you for my third light green rep bar.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Custom Title Honors

lol, np! I will setup another pc and try it to see if its limited to the PC or something with my internet. btw, I have cleared out my cookies.

Thanks for the help.
    Outlaw

Custom Title Honors

I tried from another pc at home and it also did not work. It just gave me "Page cannot be displayed". This pc was basically a fresh install of XP Pro

We have been wrestling with this problem for some time now, and still have no good explanation for the problem. We are still working with the server provider to isolate the problem and hopefully we will arrive at a solution at some point. My deepest apologies for the inconvenience.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri