Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which TV to get?

Default Re: Which TV to get?

Quote Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
    Spend extra and get a Samsung lol. Out of those 2 I would personally get the Sharp. Even though it is only 720p Sharp is a known and proven brand. I have never ever heard of Vizio.
    2nded!

I have a 32" Samsung 720p. Works excellent for everything i use it for... PS2, Wii, PC, Sky Digital and DVD playback. very nice set

Of the 2 you are looking at tho, I would go with the Sharp. mainly because of the known brand name... my folks have a saying... Buy cheap, buy twice... Now granted they are both about the same cost, but one seems to be rather discounted and the other isnt.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VitzĄ^ View Post
    my folks have a saying... Buy cheap, buy twice...
    You know... thats a good saying!

I think I'll change my vote toward the Sharp. It doesn't sound like it matters too much if its 720p or 1080p and Sharp is generally a pretty decent brand and that above saying is definitely true.

Either way, I don't think you can go wrong. We all know Sharp is a decent brand, and from what I can tell Vizio seems to be a decent brand too. But of the two, I would rather put my money on the Sharp.

I'll third the Samsung too by the way, if you can find one in that price range. Samsung makes beautiful displays.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Thank you all for your input. I think in the long run the Vizio is going to be the better bet. I know a lot of people that have them and I personally can't see the difference between the 2. I've also recently gone to stores and looked at the 2 and they seem to look exactly the same when comapring the 1080p version of a sharp.

Thanks to everyone for your input.
    -Fuga