Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A decent mouse

Fresh Paint

Default A decent mouse

Can anybody recommend a decent mouse? I've been using an old ball mouse for all my games but I've been finding UT3 pretty hard with it. Im in desperate need of a good cheap mouse that I can buy and have shipped to the uk or order in the UK?

Thanks guys

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: A decent mouse

well, I myself used to use a standard microsoft optical mouse, it worked pretty well. A basice optical mouse from logitec would work just fine too.
    Whatever can light up, should light up brightly and in many different colors.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I would go with a Logitech. They're a good trusted brand.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Logitech have awesome customer support; the old $10 mouse I got for free was a Logitech, and it worked great until the LED underneath desoldered itself; I never got around to fixing it.

I can't speak for Microsoft's customer support, but the products I've had have been generally good. My Wheel Mouse Optical wasn't terribly durable, but was great while it worked (I've gotten another one since); if my Comfort Optical 3000 had forward/back buttons (as opposed to a tilt-a-wheel) I might well still use it on my main PC.

So I can wholeheartedly recommend either brand. Beyond that, I dunno; never ventured outside those two makes for a mouse I've actually paid for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

I've been using this mouse for two years. I got it during the short time that newegg carried it (only reason I saw it).
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Anodized

I have been running a g5 for years now and tehy are great. they are 53 dollars but if that isnt up your alley check out the mx518 is like 23 bucks.

Go to Newegg->Computer Hardware ->Keyboard & Mice ->Mouse.

Choose your price range, then sort by Best Rating. Compare the top three and see what you like, read a few reviews, and bam, you have a mouse that you will almost definitely love.
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

I use a Logitech MX518. Looks really cool, good button layout, adjustable dpi settings. I've had it for 4 years, and no problems what so ever.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...4178&Tpk=mx518

Pictures don't do it justice. It looks really neat in person

It cost me almost $100 when I bought it, so its a great price now

Overclocked

logitech g5 its 4 years old still can get it just changed the color.. gotten alot cheaper the g9 is expesnive but a nice mouse as well..

I can also attest to Logitech's excellent service. I bought an MX revolution (best mouse I've ever owned, but not cheap). It was a refurb so there was no warranty and I contacted Logitech support explaining that it wasn't working right, they replaced it with a new mouse FREE OF CHARGE! Great company, I wish Creative Labs would take a cue from them and back their products this well.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri