Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw one of these in person today

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Default Saw one of these in person today

NIssan GTR

Anyone got any opinions about the new GTR?

They also had a few nice looking 370z's but I don't like the looks of the new z all that much, or at least not as much as some of the older ones.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.

I came, I saw, I conquered killergamer's Avatar

Default Re: Saw on of these in person today

Its my dream car....ohhhhh
    [Kayin] 7:38 pm: Actually, during a hostile takeover, Satan's left nut and all his crabs beat Satan at the board meeting (he didn't know that his crabs held stock)
    and so we're owned by a conglomerate of pubic lice and the left testicle of the Prince of the Powers of the Air.

Well, it's hideous and overcomputerized, but it's a marvel of technology, and fast as hell off the line (due to the massive AWD grip). Dunno how it is to drive; I can't imagine it's all that special compared to other cars in its class... but then, its class is special in itself.

Honestly, if they wrapped the R34 Skyline's body around it, I'd respect it a lot more. I respect it as a piece of technology, but not as a "car" - cars are supposed to have soul, and from what I've seen so far... Godzilla doesn't.

Maybe it's just too ugly, I dunno. It's definitely got the oversculpted, pointy-headlighted new-Toyota virus, though. But no matter what it's got, it's fast - both in the corners and in a straight line - and the standard one isn't priced exorbitantly, so I can certainly live with it. But it's no classic beauty like its predecessors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

I saw one here in MA not too long ago. Looked okay, but really didn't knock my socks off or anything. Same color, silver.

And from what I've been hearing you can't really launch the car. Long time since I looked it up but I guess it voids your warranty if you turn off traction control things, and as it turns out it can't handle more than a few launches before its trashed.

Nice car, and cool, but ehh, I think I'm kinda out of that phase.

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    ...it can't handle more than a few launches before its trashed.
    Yeah, it's a bit ridiculous, but they learned their lesson and fixed it.

(Jalopnik discusses "Godzilla" frequently, sometimes even in a positive light.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyPlushroom View Post
    Honestly, if they wrapped the R34 Skyline's body around it, I'd respect it a lot more. I respect it as a piece of technology, but not as a "car" - cars are supposed to have soul, and from what I've seen so far... Godzilla doesn't.
    Honestly that seems to be a theme i here frequently. I'm not sure were its coming from but that's because I'm not heavily in to the automotive scene.

My biggest gripe is that it apparently doesn't come w/ a true standard tranny. Given the choice of this or one of its predecessors w/ a standard tranny, I would choose the older model. I've been driving stick for almost a year now and when i get in an auto it just feels weird for me. I suppose i can't really judge it until i drive it though... and that will probably never happen lol.

As far as looks, I like them. I however don't like the 370 all that much, specifically the lights.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: Saw one of these in person today

The 370z looks like a fish.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Nice car but it's a little too gaudy for my taste.

As for the 370, the "barbed" lights look stupid. Very, very stupid.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

I didn't see a GT-R there, but I went to an autoX event earlier today with lots of exotic cars there: C5, Z06 and C4 vettes, a '69 Camaro, an old '67 Chevelle, a Lotus Elise SC, a fully stripped and race-prepared Evo 8, a few M3s, a Porsche Cayman and a Boxster S, as well as a ton of pretty standard WRX STi's, Miatas, and Datsun 510s-- and I realized something.

Most of the "exotic" cars aren't really that impressive. They look flashy but most of them posted pretty bad times. 44 seconds +. I had a buddy in a Volvo 242tic posting 41.xx pretty consistiently. There was even a slammed toyota pickup truck posting times faster than the M3s and vettes.

that's right.

A toyota pickup truck like this:

with it's standard drivetrain (as was comfirmed by the course techs and my own visual inspection), from the factory

was posting faster times than E46 M3s and Vettes.

Long story short, it's not what you drive but how you drive it.

And that's why the R35 GT-R doesn't really impress me. Not anymore it doesn't. haha.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Not really familiar w/ the event but it sounds pretty awesome. I wish i could see some awesome cars up close. I must admit my ex-best friend sorta turned me in to a nissan fanboy. I think thats why i like it so much.