Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: What does TBCS drive?

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Default Re: What does TBCS drive?

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyPlushroom View Post
    Quarter-panel, turn signal, little trim piece? That could've been a lot worse. Hope they screwed over their car royally.

(I have a mostly-rational hatred for the Stratus.)

Glad the 245 shrugged it off, though!
    Well, I saw glass fly and watched their rear quarter get pushed pretty far in, also might have hit the rear wheel. The 245 took the hit like a brute. The stratus, or what I saw of it, not so much.

Quarter panel, turn signal lens, bumper. that's it. i didn't have the hockey stick on the car at the time (it's in my garage). Air dam broke a zip-tie that was holding it on, but other than that, it's fine.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Well, I saw glass fly and watched their rear quarter get pushed pretty far in, also might have hit the rear wheel. The 245 took the hit like a brute. The stratus, or what I saw of it, not so much.

Quarter panel, turn signal lens, bumper. that's it. i didn't have the hockey stick on the car at the time (it's in my garage). Air dam broke a zip-tie that was holding it on, but other than that, it's fine.
    This is why I love these cars. I've got all the trim, including the corner hockey sticks, on mine - some of it's better than others; the left rear's come apart and I should probably find a junkyard pull.

Is it normal for one turn signal to fade (yellow) with age, from UV exposure, before the other? Both of my cars appear to have had the left side replaced, as it's near-perfect, but the right one's very faded by comparison.

The bumper still looks good. Is it just scuffed, or is the angle hiding the damage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyPlushroom View Post
    This is why I love these cars. I've got all the trim, including the corner hockey sticks, on mine - some of it's better than others; the left rear's come apart and I should probably find a junkyard pull.

Is it normal for one turn signal to fade (yellow) with age, from UV exposure, before the other? Both of my cars appear to have had the left side replaced, as it's near-perfect, but the right one's very faded by comparison.

The bumper still looks good. Is it just scuffed, or is the angle hiding the damage?
    Bumper is scuffed, and bent in with the fender.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

'97 Dodge 2500 Cummins.

Few things done to it. New injectors, and fuel system, new turbine, and a couple other changes.
    Current Projects
    -1979 Jeep DJ5 "Mail Jeep"
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Now that is a tuff truck.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Haha, drives like a Cadillac man!
    Current Projects
    -1979 Jeep DJ5 "Mail Jeep"
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

This is a shot of my bike while it was still in the shop. '95 Sporty...

I am now guilty of false advertising. The tank says 1200, the engine IS 1500...

And this is the SO's FJ40... (not a picture of ours, but identical except the tread on the tires (tyres for some of you blokes)):
    Last edited by Airbozo; 05-27-2009 at 02:56 PM.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Very nice Airbozo. When you get it back you need to ride down to Georgia and we can ride some of the Appalachian roads.
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

Custom Title Honors

98 Dodge Stratus 5spd 2.0L SOHC w/ 207,000 orig miles.

Bought with 91K in 2001. Only major work done was replaced the clutch, motor mounts, oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket, timing belt (3 days after buying it), wheel bearings (front only), Alternator (only because the douches who replaced the timing belt broke the bolt hole off it), and A/C Compressor (seized up while driving and killed the engine). Minor fixes, clean up the oxidation on the headlights, need to do the hood next. Oh yeah, need to replace the hood pins. They are functional! I do not have a hood latch anymore.

Cool thing is I still get over 32 MPG every fillup (400+ miles on a 16gal tank), and it only takes a qt of oil every 750-1,000 or so miles. lol

17's before I cracked one on the Railroad Tracks. It is not lowered but sits lower then any stock stratus I've seen. The suspension is original from when I bought it and still as good as the day I got it.

I only have 1 set of driving lights now.

*update*
    What are the odds?! As I was driving home, I blew the radiator hose. lol Heard a pop!, then a trail of smoke.

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::