Thread: New to Modding!!

Fresh Paint

Default New to Modding!!

Hello....

I am just going to do this as short as i can....
    I want to modd my computer and so.... but i can need some help really...
    I have just orderd 2 gig ram and a 512mb radeon x1800 and a new hard drive on 250gig....

and for this new upgrade i want to have a nice looking case to put it all in....
    but i have one of this small boxes and i wonder what can i do whit it to make it look cool???

((here is some pics of it))

This interial pic is crapy.. it was taken whit my phone soo...

sooo what sould i do whit this mini case to make it cool ???

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: New to Modding!!

it all depends on what your experience is with tools, what tools you have, and/or what you know how to do. If you can't think of anything and don't have a lot of money, go with a nice looking paint job to start.

"What the deuce?"..Stewy Griffon

Anodized

my first thought is to read this

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ead.php?t=1676

then secondly come up with a theme there is endless things u can do with any case no matter the size including making a bigger case out of it however its hard to offer advice without a theme and possably how much ur looking to spend though i think u should go all out and if it means puting the project on hold so u can save a bit so be it that just IMO however so let us know what ur thinking and well let you know what you COULD do however in the end its all up to you

P.S. hope im not lecturing hehe
    Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

Anodized

its a blank pallet and thats the beauty of this world. its wherever your imagination wants to take it. hell you could make it taller by extending all the sides if you want to go crazy, could do just some xtra fan holes/fans with a demmel or make the power supply see thru?? all ideas and all up to you and like richmandudeus said access to tools, skills, etc.

jp

Fresh Paint

well i have every tool thnx to my dad....
    and no i have no team....
    okej...hehe XD

well i want to have a LCD on the side of it but i dont want to order it cause of the shiping feas from US to Sweden.....

and then about the paint job... that i have already goten care of.....

((am thinking something like this....))

The font is not colord cause i dont know realy what to do whit it.... yet.... soo

ATX Mental Case

I wouldn't do an LCD. No reason to. The box sits on the ground, who's gonna see it? I say go with that paint job that you just posted, and maybe cut a window into the side that surrounds that "breather" hole for the CPU fan. It wouls be kind of cool to see hat whole little indentation "suspended" in the air using plexi or acrylic. Also, wire management is your friend. It's amazing what a little organizational skill and some sleeving will do for the look of a case.

Fresh Paint

hmm... you are a bit right about that LCD...
    but that ide is for lan purpues soo...that is why i wanted the lcd on the side...

I don't feel to happy draging around on my 25 tumb monitor..((old style = Biggi))
    just cause i am going to lan for some days.... so like it would be easy to move the monitor and the computer at the same time....

but maby that is no good option then... but i might do that plexi thing...if my dad can get that plexi for me through his job....

well the paint is getting on in the weekend i hope..... if nothing comes and makes my house crash.... and then i will see what i will doo....

and the thing about the kabels... i will do that too...

but thanx for the help... but still give me more ides....

ATX Mental Case

here is a basic idea for your case. Again i don't have those great editing programs and all i have is paint shop (and i'm pretty bad at it) so please bear with my drawings.

I would paint most of the grey parts white (just for contrast), throw in a window with a blow hole and 2 red cathodes on the bottom, wheels, a couple of large handles on top, maybe another window on top with a fan mounted in it for upper exhaust, and 2 frosted windows in the front bezel surrounding the power switch with 2 more cathodes behind them. Just to help you get more ideas of course. Now for advice, i would suggest doing all the cutting before painting. Good luck and happy modding !

of course that's if you wanna go basic modding.... :p

ATX Mental Case

You would need a decent sized LCD screen to make it even worth thinking about. Have you ever tried to play CS:S with a 7" screen? It's a PITA. Can't see jack.

ATX Mental Case

i just realized that my drawing is way off on the powerswitch:p ... well like i said, they're just ideas .