Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First mod... and I'm terrified!

Fresh Paint

Default First mod... and I'm terrified!

OK so I'm going to be starting my very first case mod and I'm terrified that im going to screw up my case some how (some of my mods tend to have some kind of catastrophe no matter how careful I am . up until now I've been working on performance modifications through software and cooling (the cooling mods have been hit or miss but that's another story entirely) so I've decided that i am going to paint the inside of my case and remove a really dumb looking top bezel from my case (Theremaltake armor series BWS800) but all of the painting guides that Ive seen are so complicated especially to a new modder. so I'm asking you guys what is the best way to get a really nice looking mate black finish on the inside of my aluminum case? as for the bezel if it turns out to be too much or to complicated I'm just gonna have to live with it or figure out some way to make it look different.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Default Re: First mod... and I'm terrified!

Welcome to TBCS!

As for the painting tips, other more experienced guys can chime in, but the system I painted flat black, I just wiped down the inside with some paint thinner and then a lint free cloth, then spray painted about 3-4 light coats on it. It looks great and I have never had any issues with paint coming off. I used a Krylon black primer as my paint and did not cover it with anything else. To be honest though the Krylon did a great job with no peel offs...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Fresh Paint

cool thanks man! now ive got another question is there away to hot key a key on you your keyboard to open up your cd drives because im also going to be stealthing them

Hmm, im not sure about that. I am sure you could. But over at Casemodgod.com there is this tutorial.
    http://www.casemodgod.com/ModGuides/...e/CDbutton.htm

Also, if it is your first mod I would recommend trying things out on an old case that you have no real use for. Just to get the hang of it.

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

I second the simple Krylon method. I personally used Krylon gray primer and three coats of satin black, turned out very well. Just be sure to either remove (preferably) or mask off anything you don't want black. I've found the blue painter's tape worth the price difference myself. Good luck and let us see how it turns out!
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

http://www.adynis.go.ro/EjectCD/

Supports hotkeys also

Fresh Paint

i cant read it lol

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FenrirGod View Post
    i cant read it lol
    Just click the download button on the left side of the page.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    http://www.adynis.go.ro/EjectCD/

Supports hotkeys also
    WOW!!! That will help SO much with my current build! You just saved me Lord knows how much work rerouting wires and making new buttons for my drives. +rep for sure!

(Well, crap, seems I have to spread the rep around before I can give you more, but THANKS!)
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

I just did a button reroute to the back of the case on my last build. Desolder 2 wires, and resolder a reset button from an old case.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro