Thread: Youtube Stalling

Angry Youtube Stalling

Okay.....

I need to calm down before i write this, as what has been happening has really annoyed me .....

Okay so for the past 3 weeks, on and off, on youtube the videos wont play. Not in the sense that they WONT play but in the sense that they get to about 3 seconds in, bufffer, play another 3, buffer ect. Its happening with every video, every user!

Im not downloading or uploading anything.

Im not running any power hungry programs.

Im not using any proxy of any form.

Ive tried disconnecting and reconnecting my internet

Clearing Personal Data

I have tried numerous videos in the following - Firefox, Internet Explorer 8 and Chrome....all with the same out come......

I have no clue what to do.

Im on a tyical UK broadband, so its nothing fancy in bandwidth or down speeds. I have been able to view & stream seemlesly previously. Although this is only with youtube themselves, videos from places like GameTrailers are fine.

Also i noticed this happened after youtube made some maintenence changes...(i was told when ever making a search, in a green bar).

So yeh if anyone knows of anything to stop this constant buffering - i will be more than greatful to know.

Dan

P.S Should i run things like spyware on my pc? Maybe that could have caused it?

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Default Re: Youtube Stalling

That has also been happening to me at home and at school (through proxy), so it might not be a problem on your end.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

I have experienced this problem myself even with 20mb/s Roadrunner service.
    There are a few things you can do to fix it, and hopefully watch the videos in there entirety.

I just uninstalled all of my current browsers, and reinstalled the updated versions of them, and that fixed the problem. All youtube videos are streamed through Adobe Flash Player so you may just need to uninstall and reinstall it. If your still experiencing problems after reinstalling the browsers, and flash player you probably just need a faster internet connection.

Overclocked

Had problem like that on 3 computers with the video in cache and 3 computers that were fine i just uninsatlled acobate flash and reinstalled it.. that fixed 2 of them but reinstalling sound drivers fixed the last computer..

Its not on our end guys, I was at a data center today which has the bandwith of 1GB/s and it was loading like crap, so if its slow on that it really has nothing to do on our ends.

I wonder what they're doing at youtube to make it load so slow , its really annoying.
    It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.

It was happening to me, but I upgraded to a higher bandwidth line and that fixed it.
    It helps a bit to go into the Ctrl+alt+delete menu and set the priority to high.
    Its youtube's problem, probably shouldn't be using flash for videos.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Durrthock View Post
    It was happening to me, but I upgraded to a higher bandwidth line and that fixed it.
    It helps a bit to go into the Ctrl+alt+delete menu and set the priority to high.
    mine would stall with a high bandwith line it can be a few things...

Quote Originally Posted by Durrthock View Post
    That increases a specific process' priority so that the process scheduler will preferentially allot it CPU time over other processes. If that helps, then you have a software issue (bad Flash install, or virus, or something of that sort).
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol