Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 141920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Project - Air Cube v2

Default Re: Project - Air Cube v2

Glad to see you went for the permanent option; sure it'll look great. ^_^
    "Don't imitate the world; Create your own."

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

It has been a long time since I have checked in on any projects (damn exams). You have learned a lot during your time modding, as we all do. I too was shocked at how my worked progressed from a crappy window mod to a full blown case mod. I have learned so much from experimenting as well as looking at other peoples work, goes to show that there is always room for improvement, then we all become perfectionists lol.

I like the design for the top window BTW, looks like it will work really well with the rest of the project.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

@ Couch3ater I Couldn't resist .

@ Jase I've really enjoyed going from meh to oh yeah, the learning curve modding has I think might be infinite which is why I think I like it so much. Hope you did ok with the exams m8 & looking forward to your upcoming project .

I have an update on the project .

Was going to wait until I got the plastic sheet, but thought why not just get stuck in on the metal work, I really miss not being able to use a dremel , was the hardest window mod ever lol, took all day to do this, just finished sanding at 8pm.
    Masked up & marked up, drilled & countersunk all the mounting holes, then drilled opening holes so I could get the hacksaw blade in & went human jigsaw on it, hours later the pieces fell out, then had a ton of filing & sanding to do, but at least all the edges are nice & smooth now & ready for painting , I'll try to get that done tomorrow, need primer.
    Perfectly on schedule to get this done by wednesday still woo hoo .

Next & final update hopefully either tuesday or wednesday night .

Human jigsaw FTW. Oh, and...

Next & final update hopefully either tuesday or wednesday night .
    You should really stop saying that. You've said it many times and you've always added something else. =D

Lmao, tell me about it , I'll have to design all of it instead of just the frame for my next log that should put an end to final update, not syndrome lol .

Quote Originally Posted by Waynio View Post
    Lmao, tell me about it , I'll have to design all of it instead of just the frame for my next log that should put an end to final update, not syndrome lol .
    Hey, "final update, not" syndrome isn't too bad. I suffer from ""I'll get the pics posted asap" syndrome.

should I call the doctor?

I suffer from, "I'm gunna do a serious mod... Meh, I'll get around to it" syndrome. Hahaha

^^

Got paint, pre-wired blue & green LED's to experiment, a pre-wired molex power rocker switch, the piece of plastic & another apache fan ordered, hopefully have it all tomorrow, the plastic is gonna require a lot of work, lots of filing & sanding awaits me.

The LED's are for plugging into the front spacer pieces, I frosted it before I installed it, was an idea I got last night after viewing other logs & I mentioned it on another forum & sure enough someone said go for it, was going to pass on it but thought yeah why not , I'm hoping it gives it a good effect, the switch is for turning the LED's on/off (yet to decide where it will go) & the apache to keep it all in uniform, that'll be 10 apache fans then lol, should have asked akasa to sponsor me, the fans cost more than the case materials minus the paint .

Got the 6mm plastic, paint, fan & immediately got started masking, measuring & marking.

Messed up badly on the drilling of the plastic piece though, did it all spot on 4mm into the 6mm thick sheet, but should have used 2.5mm drill bit for the m3 thread but used 3mm by accident (I blame it on 1st thing of the day eyes half shut modding), not to worry I ordered some m4 bolts & if I'm lucky I'll have them tomorrow fingers crossed, it can & will be fixed . I'm not rushing it but I am working extra hard to get it done for tomorrow my birthday .

Used the bench grinder to give the edges a curved bevel as good as I could & used a file to clean up edges.

Got 60, 240, 600, 1200, 2000 grit sanding over 5 or 6 hours & a nasty blister on my thumb, damn it was hot .

Got the air cubes cover sanded & primed & both sides of the fan.

Got the metallic matisse blue on & a coat of clear & half of the the fan coloured & clear coated & a late night colouring & clearing of the other side hopefully.

Going to do the grill on the plastic sheet tomorrow, unsure to do lines or holes or even both.