Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: House modding

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Default Re: House modding

Quote Originally Posted by haha49 View Post
    For music stuff you can go wireless no problems.. for steaming 1080p just pull a cord... if its wireless that 1 less cord to have to hide or keep untangled..
    I'm not worried about tangled cords. I'm going to be putting the pro in properly. What I'm going to be doing isn't truly a drop (in other words, I'm going underneath the house, not through the ceiling) but the end result will be the same--professional quality work.

CB, very good points with both the ethernet over power lines and running CAT6. I've used similar products in the past (details of which I won't go into), but since I'll be running power already, it will be quite easy to run a bit more conduit and some CAT6. Still debating on whether to plumb the mancave or not. Right now, I'm leaning towards yes, but it gets damn cold here in Montana and I'm seriously asking myself "when is enough enough?"
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Quote Originally Posted by DrumThumper View Post
    I'm seriously asking myself "when is enough enough?"
    Don't remember where I heard it first but enough is never enough. It does sound like overkill, but if your doing it yoyurself and like you said you'll already be doing the power conduit why not.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

one thing to think about is running hdmi as well, in case you want to wall mount a tv.

gonna be sweet man. looking forward to pictures!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Quote Originally Posted by DrumThumper View Post
    CB, very good points with both the ethernet over power lines and running CAT6. I've used similar products in the past (details of which I won't go into), but since I'll be running power already, it will be quite easy to run a bit more conduit and some CAT6. Still debating on whether to plumb the mancave or not. Right now, I'm leaning towards yes, but it gets damn cold here in Montana and I'm seriously asking myself "when is enough enough?"
    yw my friend. "When is enough enough?" .. I think the answer is simple.

When the mancave has heating, light and enough bandwidth to stream anything. That's enough.

I lived in a garden shed for a year. Without the electricity and internet it would not have been nice. As it was it was one of the most pleasant times thus far in my time on this little ball of rock. Mancaves FTW!

CB

You should go with a small control panel on the wall of each room whats connected to a dumb terminal to control things like lights, blinds, heating and music for that room

while you are at it make the control panel wireless so you can sit in bed or at the desk with it and it can also be the controller for the tv and media servings

I dont know the actucal solution to this. but I know it can be done..

if you want to help your eco-ness you seen the grey water solutions as well.. they hugely cut costs on water bills

Sounds great anyway, good luck. what to see some pics
    Basic Math:
    1 + 1 = 2
    1 * 1 = 1