Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So this is what I did with my weekend.

Default Re: So this is what I did with my weekend.

Nice. I always wanted to autox but I'm not one to race the car I DD.

I went to New Hampshire and watched some of New England Forest Rally. I made a thread but perhaps I should have put (Racing) in the title lmfao, as no one saw it. Probably thought it was some green protection hippie rally hehe. Hehe, seeing Pastrana, Block, Mirra, L'Estage run, along with plenty of others was amazing.

Glad you had fun with your race. Sounds awesome.

On friday night, I volunteered to play guitar at the youth group service for my church. We rocked the house, and had a killer open jam afterwards. Had the whole crowd singing along with us!

Saturday morning I went to Red Deer with the family. We picked up some parts for my guitar (new toggle switch, pickup rings, straplocks, and some killer new picks), an Infinity Reference 8" 850w sub, and a used Rockford Fosgate 40.2 Punch amp.

Then we came home and went to a birthday party for my friends son. All the rugrats had a great time (15 kids or so).

Sunday morning I was up at 630, at church by 7, and helped load the soundsystem into a trailer for Church in the Park. We do it a couple times every summer.. it's a great time! Practice at 830, played a 5 song set at 10am. Lol.. we had noise complaints from all over town!

Mowed the lawn Sunday evening, and then just took it easy, and called it an early night.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

I cleaned my house for tuesday night becasue my brother-in-law and sister-in-law are coming over for dinner, and today my buddy and I did some work on his ski, now were gettin ready to go ride mine :devious

technically this is my weekend, I have sundays and mondays off lol

Sacrificing Unto Sebek KiLLERMAN21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    I went to gamestop. Got Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, and Mirrors Edge.
    Quick sidetrack - is Mirrors Edge any good? Ive heard mixed reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    I tape my wallet to my cat.

I've heard mixed also.. I didnt like the demo very much.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

I enjoyed it on the 360... but I think free running or whatever you call it is sick. was cool to kind of do it in person kind of. lol I did a whole lot of just chillin with my son, playin in the park and hanging with fam. and I worked this weekend too. boo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quakken View Post
    That is awesome. It looks like a ton of fun, who cares that your time was the worst in the field, it's still a gratifying experience. I would race my car, but I would probably explode the clutch or something, the little integra isn't as tough as your swedish steel.
    Actually, I damn near punched the springs through the strut towers. Sure, I can probably take a hit better, but blown shocks all around and all it's other problems make it a far cry from "sporty".

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_from_aust View Post
    I saw the word porche before the pics came and thought cool. But then the pictures loaded. Still would've been fun.
    It was fun. Lots of body roll, slow, loud, and falling apart, but fun. About half of that fun was explaining to the Porsche guys that my car was drop-dead stock save the strut bar I put on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    That Volvo was probably the safest car at the track, so you've got that going for you.

I was supposed to go to Birmingham for the Rolex race but completely forgot about it.
    I dunno, there was this civic there with a full cage. Then again... it did arrive on a trailer...

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    Nice. I always wanted to autox but I'm not one to race the car I DD.

I went to New Hampshire and watched some of New England Forest Rally. I made a thread but perhaps I should have put (Racing) in the title lmfao, as no one saw it. Probably thought it was some green protection hippie rally hehe. Hehe, seeing Pastrana, Block, Mirra, L'Estage run, along with plenty of others was amazing.

Glad you had fun with your race. Sounds awesome.
    Race your DD. it's great fun.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Quote Originally Posted by KiLLERMAN21 View Post
    Quick sidetrack - is Mirrors Edge any good? Ive heard mixed reviews.
    I haven't finished it yet, but it isn't bad. Takes some quick thinking, and a lot of the moves take great timing, and positioning. For the used price now, I think it is worth picking up.
    Current Projects
    -1979 Jeep DJ5 "Mail Jeep"
    -1981 Chevrolet K10