Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X58 problem..and WC problem and...

Fresh Paint

Default X58 problem..and WC problem and...

Let my try to explain my damn trouble...lets see...
    Ok, I live in Mexico city, here the computer scene is not that great, we dont get brand-new-top-notch stuff like you guys in the US, Canada, Europe etc and not at good prices either; import is not easy since neweeg and the likes dont ship to mexico and thus you got to try to import in other ways. With that brief intro.....

I contacted a guy in Tijuana to get me the pieces, he would also build the rig and the ship it to me so I just had to unpack-plug- and use. But (aside of taking too damn long) there were more problems.

For starters, the PC wasnt usable, it wasnt starting barely trying to boot. My mobo is a gigabyte x58, the post keept on telling me " 62 "
    over and over and over again, by suggestion of this very same guy, I took off the RAM to try many configurations, also tried taking of the graphic card....and later the cpu block, to try to get another psot report...and when I was trying to use an old box to bring support to the GPUs block and the CPU while preparing to reasemble everything- DISATER STRIKES!!!- a hose from the graphics card got loose and the damn thing leaked hard, I tried to shut off everything as fast as I could. The liquid pretty much emptied completely wasn able to prevent it. I noticed then , that this guy didnt include secures for the hoses
    Now
    1 day after that huge dissapointment. Im here, looking for help.
    I tried to dry everything the best I could, even usin a hair dryer, anyway, aside the graphics card I think only the lower part of the mobo and the PSU got their "bath".
    So, I ask you for your advice on this troubles, and also, to try to prevent this stupid-careless-amateur mistake from happening again; Im looking for some secures, hopefully you can give me advice on this too Right now Im looking at some fittings to secure the hoses from danger den,koolance and others AND the quick discconects from koolance hoping that in an eventual leake or something like that, they can shut the flow of the liquid.

So...thats pretty much it, hope you can help me.
    For whatever its worth, here is some extra info:
    radiator: triple xspc
    reservoir: dangerden double 5.25 bay
    pump: swiftech
    cpu block: apogee gtz

Again on the "62" post...the first-very first-attempt at usin the PC, I plugged my stuff on it, lets see:

audio jacks for the speakers
    ethernet for www conection
    a couple (non active) USB cables FOR EXPANSION STUFF (CARD READER, EXTERNAL hdd)
    USB for my wireless logitech mouse
    the keyboard
    and finally of course the display with dvi ports
    The mentioned first part I pushed on and the display..it was...LAME, the screen had swhite tripes and points all over the place with a black background, I barely could read that the system was trying to recognize the SSD and the rest of the stuff but nothing specific unfortunately, then the screen turned completely black. I shut it off, and the a few mins later started trying to check the POST to get some idea; and from that moment on, it kept telling me the "62" thing until the disaster happened and I left it alone.

Any info will be highly apreciated, thanks in advance

Default Re: X58 problem..and WC problem and...

Welcome to TBCS!

First off, I would make very VERY sure that everything is dry before trying again.

Start with only the motherboard and the CPU. Do you have a cpu cooler, other than the water system? If not, I would start with that. Attach a heatsink and fan to the cpu, and power the system with no other hardware. CPU and motherboard, no ram. If you have a speaker (if not, get one!) you should hear long warning beeps.

If so, thats a good sign. Next, add the ram and the GPU and see if you get video on the monitor. If so, add the next component.

Basically, you are adding things one at a time until you find what device is failing.

Once again, MAKE SURE ITS DRY BEFORE YOU TRY AGAIN!!!!!!

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

also... dont use a hair dryer to dry off electronics as the heat can damage the electronics. Unless, of course, it has a cool air setting. one of the best ways to dry off electronics is put it in a box or somethign with a lot of rice in it. or other moisture absorbing materials, and let it sit for a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

hi.

Get Caterpillar jubilee clips to secure the hoses. I have been using them for about 2 years with about 5 loop changes and i have never had a leak. They are only about 0.50£ each from a plumer shop. And require a screw driver or socket set to tighten them.

While you are there get some plummers tape aka water tight tape around 1£. Wrap all barbs in it and then push on your hose.

If worried about leaks you can place a thumb over one end of your loop and then blow down the other end. If you hear a hiss there is a leak.

Water cooling is serious business. If you are going to have such a rig make sure to educate your self highly. This forum is not the best for water cooling topics. I personally have alot of experiance with water cooling so il be happy to answer any questions. There are plenty of articals out there to learn from tho.

Also wait a few days for any water to dry out. Before switching the pc back on make sure there is no sticky bits or residue where any water has dried

hope you get it back up and running.
    Basic Math:
    1 + 1 = 2
    1 * 1 = 1

You live in Mexico ... It probably doesn't matter how wet anything got if you turned off the juice in time. ..... leave it all in the sun for 2 -3 days to dry COMPLETELY before reassembling or using anything that got wet.

CB

Fresh Paint

Ok, here I am again after many days. Thanks to all whom replied (the few whom did ) lots and lots of thanks.
    Now the update....sort of.

Today was the day for retrying to activate the damn thing.
    I tried to let it dry a lot, keep it protected etc. 2 guys around to try to give some help (that was the idea) and so it started.

First tried to add distyled water to the reservoir, since there was left very little of the primochill liquid on the rig. Anddddd......still nothing, 62 again. Kept messing around, they managed to bring a single DDR3 from super talent, to test, no good, still the same.
    The mess that was the inner wiring got fixed, and the upper fans for the radiator started to spin finally, though the water cooling wasnt optimal since it still had a lot of bubbles and the hose from the rad to the pump was throwing just a small tile of liquid with most on the hose being air, despite the reservoir being filled.
    This time however the POST gave a different error.... 26, unfortunately no much could be done, no one wanted to lend a 1366 cooler to try the cpu either on my rig or another mobo, no other dimms aside the 1 previously mentioned. The guys kept wondering and telling me that "maybe" it was the CPU or the MOBO being "fried" for the small overclocking that (the idiot whom ensambled) was supposed to do; while I, on what I was able to investigate on the web about the aformentioned 62 noticed "many" were complaining of the same error on the "high end" gigabyte's MOBOs, and reporting that they noticed/tested/fixed/tried the problem seemed to be on the RAM either the dimms sockets or the memory itself not "communicating" properly with the MOBO. Why the hell is that, no idea, but if someone have extra info, please share it, I really need it.
    Ok, so far. fixed the wired mess, got distyled water, seems to be dry, and a new error code, no more 62 now its inverted 26 great
    So I'll see what can I do, next, maybe in the next couple days I can take the rig to my cousin, whom happens to deal with computer assembling and fix, though nothing as "extreme" as this one, but I think<hope> he can give a good chunk of extra help.

Anyway,and just in case-to be prepared, due to the previously mentioned problems on the Gigabyte top MOBOs and all that - Can you please tell me/suggest me- a good alternative? I mean, in your opinion, revised reviews AND EXPERIENCE (most important) which other MOBO would be a good alternative.
    I picked Gigabyte for 3 reasons:
    1. Quality build (supposed)- Due to the "great" quality on their boards, with their oz of copper and all that, they seemed a great option, not long ago there was discussion about arguments throwed between Gigabyte and ASUS, on how ASUS was using lesser materials and false hype with their cooling and energy controls, etc etc. For that I gave G extra points.

1. Expansion - Again, between G & ASUS,I checked the boards feauture lists, and ASUS had less PCI slots and less SATA ports <Rampage 2 vs G high end options> and since those were/are very important,extra points again. And finally...

1. Price - Crazy-superfluos or whatever, thruth is, that both brands have a good reputation, but ASUS, despite all its fame-its innovation, well... the Rampage was more expensive, and I didnt felt like paying the difference for the "privilege" of being a member of the ROG, specially lacking those PCI and SATA ports.

So that is it people...on the MOBO side, now, if someone could also point to some optional RAM I will highly apreciate it.
    Current sticks are 3 Corsair Dominators 3x2 GB at 1600, regular blue letters and stripe.

Thats it, hope the next days get "brighter".
    si-skyline, thanks for the offering, if you had some extra advice to give after reading this, please do so, Im willing to hear the advice of experts
    so any thing you can bring to the FIXTABLE is welcomed.

One again people thanks and please post your replies.
    May the force be with me.....I need it

Fresh Paint

??? NO one???
    Hello?

Quote Originally Posted by gallinazo View Post
    So that is it people...on the MOBO side, now, if someone could also point to some optional RAM I will highly apreciate it.
    Current sticks are 3 Corsair Dominators 3x2 GB at 1600, regular blue letters and stripe.
    What is your processor? The optimal RAM can depend on the model and I can't see it posted up there though I may be having a "senior moment"

CB

did you ever contact gigabyte and ask them about your error code message? this problem occured before you were having issues w/ the spilled coolant correct? my guess is the MOBO is probably hosed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

X58 & AWARD BIOS CODES:

Post code 62 is "check video memory"

Post code 26 is "reserved/unused" .. however post code 2b is: "Invoke vga BIOS"

More on 2b:

"2b
    When the system powers on and the Debug LED shows the usual POST code sequence but hangs on 2b or you get a beep code as soon as the sequence reaches 2b, then the Mainboard cant detect your Videocard properly. Note that the POST code sequence might not halt at 2b but continue, so the final POST Code it displays could be FF, 00 or 7F which means the Maiboard booted, entered BIOS, or OC recovery kicked in and is waiting for Input to enter BIOS. Since the Videocard couldnt be detected properly you will only see a black Monitor and either 2b, FF, 00 or 7F. Check if there is something wrong with the Videocard, the PCIE slot or BUS, the Monitor or monitor cable. Turn the Monitor on and off, switch the Monitor cable from one D-SUB or DVI plug to the other in case your Videocard has two. If this doesnt help then reboot and load the optimized defaults. If that doesnt help either try another Videocard if possible, or try the Videocard in another system to make sure its working properly. Try another monitor or try the Monitor on another System."

Are you sure it's hanging on 26 and not 2b ??? 62 and 2b are both related to your video card.

These codes come from a foxconn MOBO but should be the same on any X58 board with an Award BIOS (inc Gigabyte).

Matthew

Source: www.xtremesystems.org