Thread: Did a little dirt riding today!

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Did a little dirt riding today!

Alright so I got to borrow a 2004 CR250F for the weekend, so I called a few buddies to go riding with. One with an 08 YZ250F and the other with an 06 KX250F. We left from Bryan's (on the yam) house, and totalled 15 miles or so between lots of tight technical trails full of rocks, roots, rivers, mud, etc. as well as some 4th gear open trails, and a few fields and whatnot. I got my ass handed to me by that CRF (being that I'm not much of a dirt rider) but I was able to keep up with Sean on the KX (decent rider, has way more experience than I) and Bryan (races local races on his 250) fairly easily. I didnt get too many pics (did a lot of riding) but was able to get a few and a vid or two as well

Dont mind the pics, they were taken with my cell phone. I was going to bring the camera, but I figured if I wrecked it'd probably get trashed, so I left it at home.

Heres us at Bryans house getting the bikes warmed up. It was 35º when I woke up and about the same when we got to his house, there was frost everywhere. Needless to say the beginning of the ride was fairly chilly. Notice the nice clean bikes.

Click pics for bigger ones

Heres the first time we stopped (About 10 mins in, I had to pee, Sean held the bike). We had to cross this river, which wasnt too bad. Icy cold and 8-10 inches deep in spots, but made it through no problem.

Second stop (30 mins or so in, just stopped for a breather). It Had warmed up considerably by this point. We stopped right after a long rocky rooty section that beat us all up.

Third stop. We got to a huge field with a great view. You could go WO over the top, then on either side there was a nice hillclimb section.

Next stop (Bryans turn to pee)

And at this point we came to a nice 1/4 mile long track throught he woods. I was ready for a break after a few laps, but the other two kept on riding.

And a couple crappy cell-phone vids

Next it was on to a golf course thats been closed for a few years. This was the best poart of the ride. Hilly, lots of big and small jumps, no rock or roots to contend with

Then we found a nice sand trap that Bryan promptly turned into a small jump.

And back at Bryans. Hot, sweaty, wet, muddy and exhausted. But it was all worth it. Total time was approx 2 1/2 hours, and 13-15 miles or so. Had a blast

Somehow my bike managed to get the dirtiest

Default Re: Did a little dirt riding today!

looks like a good time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

it was, but man am I hurting today lol

Yeah dirtbiking takes a toll on your body, especially your Hands/Arms/Shoulders.

You get what we call the shakes and its when the engine of a 2 stroke shakes you and it pounds the **** out of your upper body when traveling over roots/rocks.
    It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.

no 2 strokes here, nothin but 250 4-stroke power

2 strokes are fun, but 4 strokes are smoooooth.

my buddy's cr450f is amazing. its like butter laced with nitroglycerin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

yea the 450s go like hell. they're a bit much for trail bikes though. hell even the 250 was a pretty good handfull on the trails