Thread: Need Some Quick Help

Default Need Some Quick Help

Alright guys, I must have done something horrible recently cause Karma has come back to bite me. I'm posting in the Chatterbox cause I need to get this install done tonight, and this can be moved to the appropriate forum later.

I'm finally installing Win7 on my big rig, after having absolutely 0 problems on six other Windows 7 upgrades. However, I pop the install disk in, boot from DVD, get 3/4 of the way through the initial Windows is loading files, and then I got blind sided...

0xc00000e9: An unexpected I/O error has occurred.

Google isn't terribly helpful, and there seems to be no direct solution. Here is all the information I can give you.

• System Specs is in the My System information, with one 500GB WD Caviar Blue, and a 250GB WD as my second.
    • Installing Win7 Ultimate 64 from an MSDN download and burned to DVD. I haven't used this disk on any other installs yet.
    • Unplugged all USB devices, down to only my keyboard
    • Tried both hard drives plugged in, and each one separately
    • I have tried both the HDD and DVD drive in the SATA1 port with the other in SATA2.
    • I have had 0 noticeable or discoverable problems with any hardware in Vista Ultimate 64 bit.
    • I don't have a lot of peripherals and equipment to begin with, but I'm using just my graphics card, hard drive, DVD drive, CPU, full RAM, and of course PSU and mobo.

Things I haven't done:
    • Used another optical drive
    • Used only one stick of RAM
    • Used another install disk

Unfortunately, I don't have another optical drive to use. As I am waiting for responses, I will be trying one stick of RAM in each of the four slots, and will be burning another disk as a last resort.

Please please suggest anything and everything and ask any other questions you may have.. I work from home and if I don't get this install done tonight I wont have another chance for about a week. For a techie guy, I'm getting super frustrated that I can't figure this out. Thanks in advance boys and girls.
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

Default Re: Need Some Quick Help

K, nevermind, it was apparently the disc. I reburned it at the slowest speed, and so far it is working like a charm. If an admin sees this feel free to move it to the appropriate forum. Thanks for the look guys, and hope my solution helps, lol.
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

woy...collokweee...weeble weeble blaaaat artoodeeto's Avatar

you know it's funny, my very first thought was "did you try a different dvd." If there's one thing I've learned in all my years of building/modding/troubleshooting...often times the solutions are the dumbest, last things you'd ever think of. Hope that worked for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    I'd mod my dog if i could.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    (Steam me.... that sounds bad >_<)

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

did you try the disk you used for the other installs?

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Moving per Datech's request