Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super-air-cooled

Default Re: Super-air-cooled

Pretty sure that with Shift held you can then type in a measurement and hit enter which will place it.

Similar to if you make a square and type in the sizes
    Craigr1982
    ----------
    Redemption HTPC Scratchbuild- Zotac 9300 ITX, Intel Q9450, 4Gb G.Skill 6400, LG Bluray Drive, OCZ ModXstream 400W, 2x 1Tb Samsung, Windows 7 Home. 32" Toshiba LCD TV.

Fresh Paint

Ok...so dragging them very slowly in a very straight line keeps them on the same axis...got another pic of "so far" progress, show some of the heat pipes...

Edit: Sorry for double-posting...my net is actin' up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockTheBox View Post
    I love your work.. can your computer and my computer make babies.. .. this is just awe inspiring .. I want one for my room.. just so people are like whats that? and I can say its god..

Fresh Paint

Ok, got a pic here of "so far" progress....turns out that if you "drag-copy" an item moving very slowly and straight, it will most likely stay on the same axis..but it isn't bullet-proof. Here's your pic!

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8095/tbcsmod1.jpg

Any feedback on concept would be nice, or tips on how to make the pipes easier....(helluva crapload of work to make one set, but easy to just copy them over to the other sides)

Edit: Keep in mind, this HS will be MASSIVE to take advantage of all that air moving through. No exact thoughts yet on how to attach it to board (something this big, I do not want to rely solely on standard mounts) and I need to think about the structural integrity of the HS...as I do want to make it out of copper, which we all know bends rather easily...
    Last edited by el_magnifico; 01-19-2010 at 05:05 PM. Reason: code was bad
    I love your work.. can your computer and my computer make babies.. .. this is just awe inspiring .. I want one for my room.. just so people are like whats that? and I can say its god..

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

For pipes you can draw a line where the center of the pipe would be and draw a circle on the end. Then use the "follow me" tool and drag the circle along the line.

Isn't there a tool for duplicating like that? I don't have it installed currently and am on my way out the door. I'll try later tho for ya'.

I started to design a heatpipe system to replace that crap MS put in the 360. I'll have to look it up, I had 1 of 6 pipes done lol.

-CollinstheClown

Fresh Paint

I hope i could figure this out sometime....for now i'm just creating cylinders and simply angling them to where I think they should go...tedious...very tedious

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Collinstheclown View Post
    I started to design a heatpipe system to replace that crap MS put in the 360. I'll have to look it up, I had 1 of 6 pipes done lol.
    I've taken apart a few of them....some are better than others...but personally, I would replace them all with copper fins and none of that aluminum crap....I live in tropical Belize...these things overheat wayyyyy too often....my friend kept his in the fridge until i advised him about the hazards of condensation, lol

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

Actually a guy by the name 'DuBob' or something made all copper heatsinks and they ended up only being a degree or so better then alu, but the process to make them wasn't worth it.

-CollinstheClown