Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stealth With alternate eject button

Default Re: Stealth With alternate eject button

That image above is of switches that will be similar to what you'll find in your drive. You will solder one wire to one corner as an extension. To know where to solder the other lead just go to the opposite corner. This guarantees that you don't solder the leads to the same side of the switch, which would result in the circuit remaining open even if the button is depressed.

Let me try this:

1 2
    1 2

1 1
    2 2

Your button will be like one of the above situations, and it may be hard to know which. One side of the switch is already connected, but you don't know if it is oriented horizontally or vertically, and it can be hard to figure out sometimes. However, if you just connect the leads to opposite corners then you guarantee that you cross the to other side of the switch.

Does that make sense? I could draw it out but don't want to haha.

yeah, that makes sense, the number diagrams helped alot. lol.... is this somehting that an inexperienced solderer can attempt without large plumes of smoke coming from his computer when he turns it on? or should i practice on say, an old piece of PCB that i have laying around first?

It never hurts to practice first!

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

I've been happy with the noise coming out of the stock Cooler Master blue LED fan that came in both CM690s. I've seen retail versions out now though only in the last year or so. Plus it's a piece of cake to change the 3mm blue LEDs if you decide you want a different colour.
    TheMainMan