Thread: Review: Enermax Volcanus Mid Tower Case

Default Review: Enermax Volcanus Mid Tower Case

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=532]Review: Enermax Volcanus Mid Tower Case[/drupal]

by Curtis Gauger (OvRiDe)

The folks at Enermax have decided to put a little fire in your system with the new Volcanus midsized tower case. Whether you like it subtle or bold, they have a Volcanus that is guaranteed to add a bit of Hot Rodder style to your case. The Volcanus semi gloss black exterior comes adorned with a subdued set of gloss black flames, but this case is not all show and no go. It's got plenty of airflow, so the performance matches its snazzy exterior.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Re: Review: Enermax Volcanus Mid Tower Case

Great review OvRiDe!

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

I'd be nice to see pin stripes on the flames along the side panel of the chassis.

Looks a bit similar internally to my Coolermaster, with a more flashy fan and paint job. Nice review though.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    I'd be nice to see pin stripes on the flames along the side panel of the chassis.
    I think it would be a great mod. There is another version in their product brochure but not on the website where the flames are red along with the flame portions of the front face. Some old school pinstripe could make for a very nice addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanx3-Bytex View Post
    Looks a bit similar internally to my Coolermaster, with a more flashy fan and paint job. Nice review though.
    It's true. There is nothing revolutionary about the case. It's solid built, and has some features that aren't always included by other cases in the same price range.

Thanks for the comments!

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Belatedly as usual, great review. I have to say I love the flames. Goes to show what we the modders can do and have done to the industry.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

I don't like the shape of the flames, but that's easily changed.