Page 31 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181 ... LastLast

Thread: Official TBCS Folding Team

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: Official TBCS Folding Team

what you got? I might want it to go with my new i3-2100

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

So, when's someone going to send me the dualhead AGP video card I need for folding? lol jk
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diluzio91 View Post
    tuesday... and god knows when itll actually be folding. im officially jumping from watercooling to air cooling... im trying to sell my loop, but i have to sell it before i can buy a decent air cooler for my i7... anyone wanna buy a water loop? lol...
    What kind of CPU cooler are you looking for? I might be able to hook you up.

@ Oneslow28 I want something BIG. lol. i was looking at the prolimatech or the tuniq tower 120 extreme or something along those lines... Its gotta keep an i7 cool at stupid OC levels while folding. I won't be able to buy anything till i sell this water loop though.

@ SXR. i am talking to a friend, but ill def let you know if he says no, i have
    swiftech pump with xspc top
    ek lt waterblock
    2x120mm rad (i think its ek, its blue)
    1x120mm rad (black ice? its thick and high fin density)
    fillport
    bitspower 250 res
    oh. and all the fittings, bitspower all the way, compression fittings. I was looking, its about 410 all new stuff, i was asking 280+shipping. also have a enzotech am2/am3 block, and a swiftech mc60 universal block. again, i'll let you know what my friend says. Ill shoot you a PM sunday and let you know.

Edit: oh, i forgot to mention that if my friend takes the wc loop that he wont need the 1155/1156 block because it;ll be used on a phenom 2x6. So that'll be available no matter what. its less than 2 weeks old, but i can't return it because the warranty sticker was broken on it. the o ring wasn't inserted properly and i had to open the block to fix the ring.
    Not dead yet

@ Oneslow28 I want something BIG. lol. i was looking at the prolimatech or the tuniq tower 120 extreme or something along those lines... Its gotta keep an i7 cool at stupid OC levels while folding. I won't be able to buy anything till i sell this water loop though.
    I got a Tt Frio to cool my 1090T. It's at 4Ghz and 51C (~12-15C ambient) right now while folding 24/7 for a couple weeks straight. If the sun is shining on the case it gets up to 55C. It would probably cool even better if my ram wasn't preventing the 'push' fan from being seated properly. My ram is kind of tall though. If you want a big heatsink, they don't get much bigger. I had to take a side intake case fan off to close the case...which still isn't technically closed. (My 'will-it-fit' pre-measuring was off by about 2mm) Pretty damn good for under $60. It comes with 2 decent fans as well. Once I get out of this damn apartment and have a place to tinker, I'll show you all what the Frio looks like submerged in cooling oil.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Lol.... well heat isnt a huge issue so much as noise... my p2x4 is running at 4ghz, folding, and the zalman fan i have on it is sunning crazy loud... temps are at 48*C. For fans i was thinking i would get an aero cool shark in blue to match the insides of my computer.
    Not dead yet

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Where's the link to join?
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

@ SXR. i am talking to a friend, but ill def let you know if he says no, i have
    swiftech pump with xspc top
    ek lt waterblock
    2x120mm rad (i think its ek, its blue)
    1x120mm rad (black ice? its thick and high fin density)
    fillport
    bitspower 250 res
    oh. and all the fittings, bitspower all the way, compression fittings. I was looking, its about 410 all new stuff, i was asking 280+shipping. also have a enzotech am2/am3 block, and a swiftech mc60 universal block. again, i'll let you know what my friend says. Ill shoot you a PM sunday and let you know.

Edit: oh, i forgot to mention that if my friend takes the wc loop that he wont need the 1155/1156 block because it;ll be used on a phenom 2x6. So that'll be available no matter what. its less than 2 weeks old, but i can't return it because the warranty sticker was broken on it. the o ring wasn't inserted properly and i had to open the block to fix the ring.
    Let me know when you are ready. I may have something huge by then. Is that BP 250 a 250mm rad? If so we might be able to make a trade for the CPU cooler. I have a Prolimatech Megahelms. Had an Armageddon but it belongs to Drumthumper. I need to ship it to him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    Where's the link to join?
    Either Download the F@H clients from the F@H site, or download the F@H tracker http://www.overclock.net/overclock-n...racker-v2.html then when you set it up, create a user name and our team number is 191053. Also if you do CPU folding make sure you get a passkey from the F@H site. It will give you bonus points.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneslowz28 View Post
    Let me know when you are ready. I may have something huge by then. Is that BP 250 a 250mm rad? If so we might be able to make a trade for the CPU cooler. I have a Prolimatech Megahelms. Had an Armageddon but it belongs to Drumthumper. I need to ship it to him lol.
    Nope, its one of these. lol
    Not dead yet