Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMD in bad shape... Might be AMDell soon.

Default Re: AMD in bad shape... Might be AMDell soon.

This won't happen for a few reasons. Dell has no interest in doing such things, they like to be able to offer a diverse computing experience across their products. Intel, AMD, ATI, Nvidia, they have them all.

Another point, is that AMD and ATI still haven't REALLY integrated yet, their offices are still distance, and R&D for both sides still have their own buildings. The only venture with both sides of the company has been the recent APU.

EDIT: Look at TweekTown's sources. I would hardly trust either of those sites. The Fool has been known for made investment judgement.
    It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.

Fresh Paint

I don't care about AMD CPU's anymore, but I hate nVidia.

Fresh Paint

AMD is going no where. Dell has no reason to buy AMD, anyway.