Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The new me!

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default The new me!

So I have tried the whole diet thing in the past and to say the least, it did not last long. The main reason was I was just not committed to it nor did I really want to do it. They usually came to be from comments doctors or family members said about my weight. So after reviewing some photos from the CES Las Vegas trip, and injuring my back a few weeks ago, I realized that I was seriously overweight. I knew I had to do something about it or I was going to become something I hated.

So I began walking with a goal of hitting 2.5 miles every day. The first day I only managed 1.25 miles before giving out. During my second walk I had the idea to use the GPS on my phone to track my distance. I then searched the Android Market and found an app that will not only track my workout, but will calculate my calories burned based on my weight, pace and stride. So after putting in my information I began my walk and wound up walking 2.65 miles. With the app it was much easier than guessing how far I had went. As a bonus the app uploads my workout details to my facebook so my friends can keep me in check and make sure I stick too it.

I have been unable to walk since Friday as I have been way too busy to make it home in time. I plan on starting back tomorrow and trying to bump the walk up to 3 miles. While playing around with the app I noticed it could track my heart rate as well if I had a bluetooth heart rate monitor. I should have mine in by next week.

I am aware that I am not gaining weight just by lack of exercise alone. I realize that my diet has a lot to do with it. I have been eating McDonalds 3-4 times a week for lunch which is usually a double quarter-pounder meal with large fries and a large sweet tea. Then for dinner its usually take out like Chinese, Mexican, or a large pan pizza from pizza hut. So I have sat down and made a list of more healthy things I can eat. This week I began my more healthy diet. Tonight I ate grilled salmon with some grilled corn on the cob and some grilled peppers. For lunch tomorrow I plan on a simple salad consisting of Romain lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and some very light dressing. Don't know about dinner yet but I am leaning towards some grilled bone-less chicken breast with some wild rice seasoned with some garlic powder and just a touch of fat free butter substitute.

So far here are my work out stats.

Start Weight 285lbs
    Goal Weight 220lbs

10 April 2011 Walked 1.6 miles and burned 170 calories 33:10min mile
    11 April 2011 Walked 2.1 miles and burned 330 calories 29:43min mile
    12 April 2011 Walked 2.6 miles and burned 421 calories 38:44min mile
    13 April 2011 Rained out
    14 April 2011 Walked 2.4 miles and burned 400 calories 26:09min mile
    15 April 2011 Walked 2.5 miles and burned 415 calories 23:27min mile
    16 April 2011 Did not walk
    17 April 2011 Did not walk
    18 April 2011 Did not walk
    19 April 2011 Did not walk
    20 April 2011 Walked 2.5 miles and burned 397 calories 18:39min mile
    21 April 2011 Did not walk
    22 April 2011 Did not walk
    23 April 2011 Did not walk
    24 April 2011 Worked in garden using rake and hoe for 4 hours.
    25 April 2011 Walked 2 miles and burned an estimated 300 calories in 38 min. Daily caloric intake 2019

So what I am asking you guys to do is help me stay on track with this. If I do not update this post every day please send me a flood of PMS and post in this thread to motivate me to keep it up.
    Last edited by Oneslowz28; 04-25-2011 at 08:26 PM.

Default Re: The new me!

Does that app do km as well? What is the app called? Can it export to something other than facebook?
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

I'll try and keep an eye on it if I can.

Maybe it will get me motivated, lol. Having my surgeries, and those two years of not being able to do anything, have definitely changed my exercise habits. I need to get back into doing something: running, basketball, something. I haven't gained any weight. I've actually lost weight last time I checked, from 155lb to 150lb. Weight too. light for 6'2", but that doesn't mean I shouldn't exercise more.

Good luck, and keep pushing.

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Come on! Hook up your computer to your treadmill!

Force yourself to run in order to be able to turn it on!

Joking.

But do find good motivation.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

I went from 265 last Oct to 208 today. Good luck
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

I'm down to 220 from 235.. goal is under 200, or at least to get bodyfat % to under 10.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

The app is called Cardio Trainer and its 100% free. I am also 6'2 and I agree that 155 is very light. You must be a toothpick.

Lmfao. Ya, pretty much. I look much better at 150-155 than I did when I was 130 before my surgeries.

Messed up genes. It's funny as I was light even when I was working out every single day due to teaching martial arts. Hundreds of push-ups, situps, running on top of all the regular martial arts stuff each day. Still was a scrawny thing, even with a huge calorie intake to match.

20 April 2011 Walked 2.5 miles and burned 397 calories 18:39min mile

Got my pace under 20 min!

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Not to make you envy me, but I'm glad when I make a TEN minute mile.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta