Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New to modding, first case... ideas needed

Default New to modding, first case... ideas needed

I have a inwin dragonslayer series case. I want to make something of it as it is also my first case i will be OC'ing. Here is what i have so far.

I have ram and back panel painted. I still have to do fans and am waiting on my EK water blocks and resivoir. I will be testing red and orange colors. The sheathing i will be using is mdpc's copper brown or color-x.

short video to come. In the mean time here is the case.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-236-_-Product

Got the case cause it gave me ideas an thought i could make something cool out of it, not cause it was expensive or nice.

My current computer has a thermaltake kendalf series case. Just so you know i'm not cheap. haha.

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Default Re: New to modding, first case... ideas needed

Welcome to TBCS!!!!

Please put up a worklog in the Worklog section. We would all love to see via pictures and videos of what you are doing.

Hi akzorz and welcome,

We definitely need some pics so we can see what's going on and possibly drool over it.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Here is a short youtube clip of the computer and some ideas i have already. I am doing Copper Brown for sure. I have the computer up and running and my screen is good and looked at colors and it is the one i want for sure.

Just a heads up i am looking to make this rustic and do some painting on the outside as well as perhaps modding the case its self, like i mention replacing the mesh with chain mail and the sort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abc_B3AcdIc

oh, and i added a post in the work log section.

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...d.php?p=333295

I hate to complain since we love videos around here, but a little bit more lighting would help in future videos. A small, shaded lamp near the tower would help immensely, especially since the case is black.

That said, were you planning on using actual chain-mail?..or a thicker chain-mail type mesh?
    If you're going through the trouble of installing a TEC, I'd definitely make sure there is enough lighting inside to show that off.
    Painting some of the individual parts with more 'rustic' colors as opposed to polished metal and bright colors might pull the theme together a little more.

How do you define 'rustic'? What materials do you consider rustic?

well, first off it was 2:30 am when i took that last night, haha, and the lighting in our main room at night is terrible. I will get you some better footage. But for the time being, not too much had been done, so you didn't miss much. Haha. Anyway, rustic. I am thinking i want to do a sort of reign of fire look to it. Futuristic, but dragons returned and F***ed everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by akzorz View Post
    Anyway, rustic. I am thinking i want to do a sort of reign of fire look to it. Futuristic, but dragons returned and F***ed everything up.
    After you get it all painted, you could maybe carefully drag it around on concrete or something to make it look like a bit of wear and tear has occurred. Or paint some flat black 'char' onto parts of it.
    Air brushing one of the dragons roasting something on the non-chain-mail side would be sweet.

I'm pretty sure it should shoot napalm as well, but I'm not going to describe that in detail to prevent lawsuits. Or if that's too bad ass for you, a dragon head snorting a little smoke could be cool.

I would suggest watching that movie again and taking notes on anything you feel is just too f***ing awesome not to incorporate somehow.

mkay, i like the dragging idea, but dont want to drag it. did a lot of photoshop grunge brush creations, and i think i can incorporate some of that into it. I am putting the Dragon Slayer in that gothic font on the other side of the case. I think i am going to do that in a metallic "hammered" Copper and some grunge to it on the other side. I like the idea of flames or something on the other side, but i dont want it to look cheezy.

and hey Dust, GL on your project. It looks like its gonna be a doozy! Just went to the local elec. store and there was a guy who just finished his full submersive. I can try and send you his way if you would like.