Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Things you wish you could own

Default Re: Things you wish you could own

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Heheh...one of the benefits of owning a house...plenty of tax deductions. Didn't get nearly as much back as I did last year when I bought it, but I can deduct all interest paid on my mortgage and all property taxes paid....which is kinda counter-intuitive, come to think of it...but nice.
    I own my place, but paid only ~$100 in interest last year on the mortgage. The big problem my wife and I have is that we live in Idaho, but work 20 minutes away in Washington, so no state withholding. Idaho taxes are just moronic anyway.

The couple things i want is a Dremel rotary. maybe a sander as we so i can do a couple projects. but as of right now it's not in the budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by lastweek View Post
    Not only will it probably catch fire to your house, it will probably shoot peices out of your case and kill your cat. make sure you video tape your expierment.
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRider View Post
    Write your will before you turn it on

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xr4man View Post
    having already owned a super car, i don't want another one. they are more of a pain in the butt than they are worth in my opinion
    Go onnnnn........
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Custom Title Honors

if i must....lol

i had a sierra cosworth. i rebuilt it from the ground up. once it was done i almost never drove it. always lurking in the back of my mind was the idea that any "spirited " driving could damage the engine if i had missed fixing something. and i could not afford to replace it. reading many magazine articles about cosworths and the yb engine only helped to solidify that. then there was the fear of every other idiot on the road. if it had gotten hit or in any kind of an accident, i could not replace it. i could not afford to get body work done with the cost of importing parts from england. it leaked every fluid from everywhere. it was a total pain in the ass.

you can say that's just one example. but it's just the one i am closest to.

i have an old navy buddy who told me of his brother and his lotus esprit twin turbo. he ended up getting rid of it because it was also a pain in the ass to own. and another guy with a lambo murcialago. he ended up giving it to his daughter after he blew the engine and had it replaced.

basically, my own experiences and everything i have ever read about exotics and super cars leans towards them just not being worth it to own one.

oh yeah, there's a dude i work with here that has an amg c55. he just spent about $800 to get plugs and wires for it. and about $1000 on a new alternator and crank angle sensor. the "super car tax" is a big downer too.

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    I own my place, but paid only ~$100 in interest last year on the mortgage. The big problem my wife and I have is that we live in Idaho, but work 20 minutes away in Washington, so no state withholding. Idaho taxes are just moronic anyway.
    Same problem. We own a home and have kids, but I get nothing back from the federal gov't. Plus I live in Illinois, but work in Missouri so my paycheck taxes go to Missouri. When I file my Illinois taxes, they see what I make and that they get none of it, so I owe them $1000!
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440