Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vento 2012

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Vento 2012

So i've got my plans. and the case is getting broken down today and media blasted.

Heres how it sits as of today.

So anyways I just wanted to start this log so I'll remember to take pictures along the way and post a work log with all the mods and such going into it... and I swear i'll try and not half assedly do a log like i've done in the past where posts and pictures are few and far between lol!

Default Re: Vento 2012

Case is back from media blasting all sparkly as s@#t.

Now its time to mark, tap drill saw and cut the 64 RGBY led holes, The intake manifold hole, and the cable slots.

Whew.....

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

It may be just me, but it looks like bare metal, the color....
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

If it's steel, you'll want to shoot at least a coat of etching primer on it before you get fingerprints all over the place. Keep it from rusting. You can touch up the primer as you go with the drilling and cutting.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

I love the Vento! It wasn't super popular, but I always really wanted one. I love cases that look like they're one giant piece of art, instead of separate pieces and features like so many cases are today.

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    It may be just me, but it looks like bare metal, the color....
    It looks like it's been sand-blasted, so I would say that's a safe assumption. :p

Though I'm not sure what "media blasting" is...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTeaPot View Post
    I love the Vento! It wasn't super popular, but I always really wanted one. I love cases that look like they're one giant piece of art, instead of separate pieces and features like so many cases are today.

It looks like it's been sand-blasted, so I would say that's a safe assumption. :p

Though I'm not sure what "media blasting" is...
    Only computer case that i've used in *looks at watch* 8 years now.

Yet to find another case thats quite caught my eye like the Vento 3600 does, The NZXT Phantom was close.

But at 13" Wide and over 2' tall.... the Vento just looks like 1,000,000$ sitting on the table. (Even if it is a mid tower in disguise lol)

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Just wait for my case to be finished....
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    Yet to find another case thats quite caught my eye like the Vento 3600 does, The NZXT Phantom was close.

But at 13" Wide and over 2' tall.... the Vento just looks like 1,000,000$ sitting on the table. (Even if it is a mid tower in disguise lol)
    I built a PC for a friend using the Nzxt Phantom. It's HUGE. Apparently it's about the same size as the Vento, except the Vento is approximately 50% wider. Though I think that's just because of the case design, not so much the inside space.

My favorite case is probably the Cooler Master Cosmos II, or the Cooler Master Stacker series. I miss those towers. I still want one. The Cosmos II is just... out of my wallet range. lol

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTeaPot View Post
    I built a PC for a friend using the Nzxt Phantom. It's HUGE. Apparently it's about the same size as the Vento, except the Vento is approximately 50% wider. Though I think that's just because of the case design, not so much the inside space.
    Oh the phantom has a way bigger interior.

Lay out for the LED's it'll start from the rear top left and to right, and work its way back and forth and then up the rear and top.

LED's along the back, the side panels will cover most of it, havent really thought if i just want to wire it up nicely in this spot, or cover it with some sort of shroud.

Top, I'm not 100% sure this lay out will work, but its pretty close to what i want.

I also sanded the guide arms down, and removed the lines from the mold casting and smoothed out some of the curves, I'll shoot these with clear later.

More updates and pictures to come once my new camera gets in around monday (Panasonic GF2K DSLR)