Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: ASPHIAX - VENATOR Class Republic Star Destroyer

Default Re: ASPHIAX - VENATOR Class Republic Star Destroyer

Here is another weekend update (23-6-12)

This was the status of the topside where i left off the other day.

Cut out the marked section to make way for the fans and radiators.

The started on the fan assembly ! The bottom side will feature these 6 x 92 mm Be Quiet 1800 pwm fans.

This is the bottom side thats visible !

This is really bugging me. I had to bend the alu the old way... with a hammer. This is the result. This will not do.
    After the styrene covering you wont be able to see it, but I will know its there. So I will replace it !

Cut away the bent pieces and reinforced the fan tray with some 12 mm rods I had left over from the AT-AT. Will have to file it down to a better degree but its an improvement already.

Could have continued work but my saw blades were all used up, the last one broke (off course) 5 minutes after closing time of the local hardware shop ...

Untill the next update !

That old fiber optic cable is GLASS fiber. You probably won't really be able to use it the way you think you are. I'd just look online for spools of 0.020" plastic fibers. Pull the fibers through a hole, leaving 3/4" or so extra, secure with super glue, paint, then trim them off close to the surface.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

until now i had no idea you could get 92mm rads.

looking good so far

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHIAX View Post
    Ok, maybe it was lost in translation then. I find it hard sometimes to put your words in proper perspective as they can be interpreted one way or the other.
    Yeah, you probably had a bad day, and just needed to vent.

*pats on back*

We cool now?
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Quote Originally Posted by TLHarrell View Post
    That old fiber optic cable is GLASS fiber. You probably won't really be able to use it the way you think you are. I'd just look online for spools of 0.020" plastic fibers. Pull the fibers through a hole, leaving 3/4" or so extra, secure with super glue, paint, then trim them off close to the surface.
    Yeah another problem is the width compared to the ship. The fiber is 0.009 thick which is way to thin for the relative size the light has to be on a ship of this size. Oh well, was an idea anyway. I have seen some 64 strand 0.256 fiber in 1 cable. Sold by the foot, it should fit on 1 led perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonerboy779 View Post
    until now i had no idea you could get 92mm rads.

looking good so far
    Thanks! For the Deep Space 9 build I was planning I was planning to use 12 x 2x40mm radiators by magicool.

Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Yeah, you probably had a bad day, and just needed to vent.
    *pats on back*
    We cool now?
    Sure we cool, just make sure you explain a little better what you mean dude!

Hmm, I need to start planning the internal hardware scheme and I am running into a problem. The topside will have red accents around the mesh area just like in this picture.

The engines are going to be fitted with white leds and lenzes like in this picture.

The idea is to make a bent plexiglass window just behind the fan assembly to give a view on the hardware through the mirrorbase under the ship. It should resemble the engines . Like this

What colourscheme should the internal hardware have and be complemented with what colour leds.

Poll: What colour scheme should the internal hardware be ?[*]Red[*]Blue[*]White
    Tussenstand:
    http://poll.dezeserver.nl/results.cg...ut=10&sort=org
    Ook een poll maken? Klik hier

Unfortunately there is no weekend update this week!
    My 23 month old daughter has been rushed to the hospital last monday with 7 times the amount of bloodsugar in her blood. Diabates 1 is the diagnosis.
    I have been learning how to count carbohydrates and adjusting the insuline pump accordingly so there's no work done this week.
    We are back from the hospital now but our life has been changed irreversibly.
    Time out for now ...

Quote Originally Posted by ASPHIAX View Post
    Unfortunately there is no weekend update this week!
    My 23 month old daughter has been rushed to the hospital last monday with 7 times the amount of bloodsugar in her blood. Diabates 1 is the diagnosis.
    I have been learning how to count carbohydrates and adjusting the insuline pump accordingly so there's no work done this week.
    We are back from the hospital now but our life has been changed irreversibly.
    Time out for now ...
    Sorry to hear that. Glad that things are under control and she is back home. It is a very dramatic change indeed. I hope that you can get your daughters needs sorted and your family can get adjusted to the new normal without any further scares like I'm sure that trip was.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Quote Originally Posted by msmrx57 View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Glad that things are under control and she is back home. It is a very dramatic change indeed. I hope that you can get your daughters needs sorted and your family can get adjusted to the new normal without any further scares like I'm sure that trip was.
    Thanks man ! It sure was a big scare indeed. One minute i was calmly cutting down aluminum for the venator and the next I am doing 200 miles an hour in a hospital. Sooo glad she is responding beautifully to the insuline and injections.

definitely... one of the coolest nerds i have ever seen...

this rocks... nough said