Thread: Steam...

Default Steam...

...is killing my wallet. I still have like 20 games I need to play, but they keep putting stuff on sale so cheap I can't refuse to buy it. I need to stop browsing the store...

Anyone else have this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Default Re: Steam...

Yes. Yes I do....

I set aside a certain amount of $$ for the sales and have not blown through it yet, but I am playing 4 games at once. I just wish thy were similar since I keep dying in one game due to forgetting what key makes me crouch... DOH!
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

I do that too! haha. Going from F.E.A.R. to Battlefield 3 throws me off badly lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

I've got over 200 games in my library. The number of those I've beat . . . maybe 20.

Lots of games I'll be curious about but they just aren't fun enough to hold my attention for more than a few hours. For <$5 I'm ok with that.

Nuclear Dawn is really fun though, and Counter Strike: GO, and TF2, although it's really starting to lose its charm.

I bought TF2 thinking it would be a great game. I was wrong. I've never played more than 5 rounds of the game.

I am actually getting really tired of the online games. Used to be I just loved them, but anymore it's not fun. None of my friends play any games and trying to get to know some of the people to actually be part of their team is almost useless.

I think I played maybe one round of BF3 and none of the MW ones. Played the single player on the most difficult setting and stopped when I finished it.

TF2 is now free to play, which has been both good and bad for the game. Having items to sell and trade and whatever has sort of made it crappy.

Still, if you know what servers to play on you can play for hours and it is a total blast. Find a 32 man server playing some form of payload. That's the best.

Online gaming sort of moves around from game to game, and too often if you just go with "quick match" you'll have a crappy time.

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    TF2 is now free to play, which has been both good and bad for the game. Having items to sell and trade and whatever has sort of made it crappy.

Still, if you know what servers to play on you can play for hours and it is a total blast. Find a 32 man server playing some form of payload. That's the best.

Online gaming sort of moves around from game to game, and too often if you just go with "quick match" you'll have a crappy time.
    Well, I pretty much gave up on TF2. Chalk it up as a learning adventure with my money. lol!

BF2 was probably the last game I really spent much time on the multiplayer part. It was good because I had several friends that played and after a couple of months practice we pretty much dominated the maps. It helped that we had our own team chat server and communication is key in most of the team based games.

I would be more excited by the online play of Borderlands2 but all my friends play on consoles so I'll play the story mode, but probably skip the online stuff. Who knows. I am waiting for later when the price drops. I hate paying $40-60 for a game.

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Nope. I only ever buy games that interest me.
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta