Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pink LED's or Cathodes?

Welder Of Aluminum bartvandenberg's Avatar

Default Pink LED's or Cathodes?

does anyone know of a canadian webiste where i can get a hold of pink cathodes or LED's. my fiance wants me to mod her comp, and she wants pink. anyone?

Default Re: Pink LED's or Cathodes?

I bought some 'red' ccfl light from AC Ryan, although I asked for red lights and the box said there were red lights in it, when I first turned them on they looked very pink to me... I've painted some parts in my case and made sure you didn't look straight into the lights and now the lights look more red. But if you want pink, just place them somewhere you can look directly into them.

Also I bought some rounded IDE-cables which also were supposed to be red, but the dude in the shop ordered UV-red cables for me... with no lighting they look VERY pink... In my mod I spraypainted them so they were red again...

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by silverdemon
    I bought some 'red' ccfl light from AC Ryan, although I asked for red lights and the box said there were red lights in it, when I first turned them on they looked very pink to me... I've painted some parts in my case and made sure you didn't look straight into the lights and now the lights look more red. But if you want pink, just place them somewhere you can look directly into them.

Also I bought some rounded IDE-cables which also were supposed to be red, but the dude in the shop ordered UV-red cables for me... with no lighting they look VERY pink... In my mod I spraypainted them so they were red again...
    OMG i had exactly the same thing! I sent them back becasue i was sure it was a mistake, but the next ones they sent where the same. Funny thing is, if you take a photo of them they look red in the photo!

I didn't have enough patience to send them back, it took months before my parts arrived... and you can judge yourself if the lights look red or pink on the photo in my signature

It's quite well knows that lots of red parts come out more on the pink side. It's expensive for manufactures to use large amount of dyes, and you need lots to get deep reds...

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

I believe streetglow makes pink neone. They also make a converter so you can use neons in your PC. hope this helps.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

I found at least one at the store I buy from...

http://www.ledsales.com.au/cart.php?...category_id=45

Well, FWIW I noticed with my 5.25 drive light thing that when the blue and red lights are on together it comes out pink.

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by xmastree
    Well, FWIW I noticed with my 5.25 drive light thing that when the blue and red lights are on together it comes out pink.
    Yea i was going to suggest a mix of red and blue make a pinky purple colour (check out Defyants HP RES 2 Project) Beat me to it lol

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

you can buy white cathodes and use either (if you have access to it...not too hard to find) pink gels for stage lighting...or the much cheaper and similar...pink wrapping material....the clear stufff that is.....if you seen crimsonskys book...youll know what im talkin about

Quote Originally Posted by intergalacticman View Post
    stunning, how does one tap a hole?