Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about actual computer.

Anodized

Default Question about actual computer.

hey my comp. isnt working. well it turns on but the video card dosent turn on, (i can tell by the fans on it not spinnign) also my comp. turns on automatically. when i hit the switch in back it turns on i dont press the switch iin front. please help me

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Default Re: Question about actual computer.

Can you re-phrase your question a little better? I'm not quite sure that I understand what you are saying... are you saying that when you hit the switch on your power supply in the back your computer turns on? That's normal, that just means your computer was set to "on" and your PSU to "off". Just flip the switch on the back to turn it on, and next time you turn it off, use the power switch in the front. That should clear up those problems... as for your video card, I don't know. Make sure it's all the way in? Un-plug and re-plug it in, otherwise I dunno.
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

Overclocked

I dont think thats his problem. Normally when I close my computer with the rear switch and get it back to ON it is shut. But it may depends on PSU model and motherboard.

Did you made any modifications, or opened your case recently? HAve you changed your video card? and the video card fan not working... well, mine doesnt work really well too (about like not even 500rpm), in fact when I cleaned it it wasnt even turning. Even now, its all clean and still doesnt spin out much.

Maybe a bad contact somewhere?

Hello everyone! Me and alchinko are real life friends, and I know a little about what he's talking about so I will try to contribute. The video card thing, we switched his video card with mine, and mine didn't work in his computer either. So I don't think it's a video card problem. Beyond that, I don't know. Hopefully this helps.

have you tried another card in the same slot? (network card or something) maybe your slot is out...

I don't think anything would happen if something else was in there... Is it even possible to put a PCI card in an AGP slot? Thats the thing... it's an AGP video card.

Overclocked

Is it the newer type of video cards where you have to plug in a 4 pin connector from ur power supply? If so then it shouldnt be the slot being no power going from the motherboard just sends information to it. Also then it could be ur power supply, but for ur computer turning on wrong that would have to be some modifaction of some kind.

Dude...totally!

depending on what mtoehrboard you have, theres 2 ways to help figure out whats going wrong with your computer. if your motherboard has diagnostic leds on it, thats a huge help. if not, make sure you have that little speaker hooked up, you know, that annoying one that beeps when you mess something up. it should beep if you try to start up your computer and somethings either missing or dead.

Have you added anything else that would draw power since the last time it worked? You might be overloading your PSU at boot, something similar to this was occuring on a friend of mine's comp.

Anodized

o eyah i did add a 120mm fan so ill unplug that and my lights and see if it works. and as far as re-phrasing the question.ok. its pluggged in but the actual powur supply switch is off. when i turn that on my whokle comp. starts up.