Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting a modding contest!!!

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Default Re: Starting a modding contest!!!

I would love to join in this competion. I have something cool planned .

If we have like a 2 month deadline then that would be cool.

If we did modding competions on TBCS we could get losts more users on and attract attention of big companies who could sponsor the comps. like Nvidia and stuff having a fat grpahics card as 1st prize would be cool.
    Need a sig

maximan1

Sorry I can't make the dedline farther from where it is now, I am leaving for camp after that day.

Life is like an analogy...

well so much for that... i most definitely will not be done anything in two weeks. i may not even be out of the design phase.

do this again some time... with like a two month deadline, and ill be in then.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

It seems like lots of people are being excluded due to the short deadline. How long are you going to be at camp? The deadline could be sometime after you get home. Then maybe people that have one completed already could enter a second. (If that is allowed.) But I think a longer deadline would be good. More competition that way People would have less of a chance to win, but we can see more cases.

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

in two weeks could have all my parts home, only then i can start making something, some people have big projects, that start from 0 like i do, you just cant do that in two weeks... hell not even in a month

LOUD AND PROUD !

I think we should do it in quarters.. summer to fall..... fall to winter... winter to spring.. then spring to summer.....

4 contest per year... and 3months to do create... Maybe give a theme to design by like maybe one quarter do a gaming theme... then the next quarter a retro theme... or a vehicle theme,,, endless possibilities..

Life is like an analogy...

I think we should do it in quarters.. summer to fall..... fall to winter... winter to spring.. then spring to summer.....

4 contest per year... and 3months to do create... Maybe give a theme to design by like maybe one quarter do a gaming theme... then the next quarter a retro theme... or a vehicle theme,,, endless possibilities..
    sounds to me like we have a plan forming. well, maybe not a universal plan, just one guy's idea right now, but i can see it panning out.

prizes for something like that? i personally wouldnt expect any... bragging rights for a win is good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

The SlackMeister

No offense, but this is just a little contest that maximan1 is doing for fun. The ones who want like half a year to do their mod should enter their creations in more serious competitions. This is not a contest to win a video card or something... just a sticker. Some of you are taking it far too serious IMHO

It's not all about the prize, If somebody enters a contest it is an extra motivation to make it even more beautiful, or of better quality...
    I think it's a nice idea to do some contests, even when there are no prizes to be won, we'll still see a lot of mods and the contenders probably had a lot of fun modding...

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Quater's sounds like a great idea. Bah! who needs prizes when respect for a mod well done is better than a prize. (Video card is over the top I admit) And actually having a TBCS compeition to call are own would be cool. Might even attract some new talent to the forums.
    Need a sig