Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: BloodMoon

Default Re: BloodMoon

another actual work update

I decided to drag out my blue dome, and "etch the planet" today.

Some printing, some sizing, and my normal trick of using full sheet adhesive clear...I traced out the continents and lakes onto the inside of my dome:
    the whole thing

Mexico down to Peru?

looking down on the Great Lakes area.

I might touch up some spots to make it more "earthy" but...

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

words are not enought

LOUD AND PROUD !

damn nice job on the etching!!!

like the whole case though... good job!

MitaPi

HOLY COWS OF FLAMING DEATH!!! This is so... its like... I cant even describe how much I like this mod! lol I LOVE how you did "Blood Moon". Sooo cool.... I feel like a kid in a candy store... but not the kid who could afford anything nice. Just the crappy candy... and he got to sit there with his cruddy lil piece of candy and watch all the other lil boys get the best candy in the store. lol ...that was pretty good.. does anyone feel bad for me? lol

you guys are funny. thanks though!

It's really coming together, and really hard not to pull all the tape off and try to glue lights in, and turn it all on, and bask in the red and blue glow...but:

The GX2 waterblock will force me to mod some of the internals, and I don't have it in hand yet.

I still want to hinge the top shell and that will affect my wiring and lighting.

My PSU isn't here yet, that all needs to be trimmed down to SFF length.

No CPU yet, but I pick up my 775 TDX today so I can see how the tubing and mount posts will sit.

the list goes on...I just wanna see it all flashy and glowy!

Case Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MitaPi
    Sooo cool.... I feel like a kid in a candy store... but not the kid who could afford anything nice. Just the crappy candy... and he got to sit there with his cruddy lil piece of candy and watch all the other lil boys get the best candy in the store. lol ...that was pretty good.. does anyone feel bad for me? lol
    At least you have candy. I'm like the kid outside the store looking through the window.

I really like how this is turning out. You started out with a great theme and it just looks great. I want to see it all flashy and glowy too!

Quote Originally Posted by Silenced_Coyote
    At least you have candy. I'm like the kid outside the store looking through the window.

I really like how this is turning out. You started out with a great theme and it just looks great. I want to see it all flashy and glowy too!

Hehe and I'm the kid being dragged away by his mother...

I really want to know how you did the etching so nice. I am working on a bubblegum machine mod and was thinking the sphere could use some detail...

a sphere would be really hard to do the INSIDE, etching the outside will not give the same glowy look like EL wire.

I just use a very tiny dremel bit with teeth, look like the head of a pin with cutters.

Very light touch, with my graphic on full sheet clear sticky, put a bright white light behind it, and use the dremel like a long pencil...turn your work to keep from tweaking your wrist out.

For real etching tips, find Wolverine, that Hellraiser cube case is insanely excellent!

Again, thanks for all the kind words, each individual thing is actually fairly simple, they just all build up to something dramatic IMO.

Here go with some more weekend work:

Was out at DD Friday, picked up my DDC Pump, my CPU block with generic top (I like the shiny this time) and rushed home to work on it.

Had to dremel the bolts short enough for my Radiator and fans to clear it...it might look like the fans won't fit, but they will. I have a few tricks left!

And the MooneY Dome:

It's not done yet. I will put some obvious crater shapes in the right places to be geographically accurate and make it more MooneY.

And the lettering filing is about 95% done so I took the white sheet off and cleaned up to have a look at the result:

Next stage is to try painting my 120mm fans to match the anodized red 80mm I have. More coming.

Wow, that lettering is AWESOME. It looks sooo nice. So does the etching, that is insane!

Very, very nice job.