23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Idea

12 52.17%
  • Mixed Feelings

11 47.83%
  • Bad Idea

0 0%
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Into the unknown I go... (with pictures!)

MitaPi

Default Re: Into the unknown I go... (with pictures!)

OKay, I thought pretty long and hard about it and I decided to do this... Black with clear windows with both Blue AND Red Lighting so I can alternate it. The best part is... It looks good either way! ....well that and it will be SO much easier! Gotta work smarter not harder!

...I think someone actually mentioned doing that. lol But I just now realised what they meant.. so sorry to who ever that was that made that suggestion. You obviously know what you are talking about, just keep in mind I can be a lil slow to the draw sometimes ^_^.

that was me (about the multiple colors) but never mind...

I do like the windows in the last design, you should do that, with the windows passing to the top of the case. looks nice

about the colors in the last design... black with any color (red, blue, green or yellow) will look sooo much better than white with any color...

MitaPi

So true, Thats why I am going with black instead of white. Ah! lol I am getting so excited to start this project! I just need that hundred bucks from my dad and I can AT LEAST start ordering the materials!

I looked into things like HDD, MOBO, 5.25 mounting, etc etc. And it pretty much looks like I can do it all. The only thing I am buying and not making is like the I/O plate and the PCI slot plates and stuff like that. I also found a neato website for when you are building PC's with acrylic. They also offer a service to do it for you, plans and building, but it is like 400 bucks. I would rather do it myself anyways. ClearPC.com or something like that. Google ClearPC and you'll find it.

PM me if you want my current list for parts... I can send you the links via email or something.

MitaPi

I think I might be on to something here... what do you guys think? If you want to see a certain angle then let me know and I'll either post one up or I can send you the Sketchup file so you can have a 360 look at it.

EDITED for all you dial up users ^_^ Your welcome!

yeah, I'm happy

Thats hot... I hate Paris Hilton. The case is great. Check out mine in the Project worklogs...
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

Overclocked

how do you plan on runnig the power between the compartments?
    i have a trick into how im doing it all... i think it would be cool if you could make each compartment quick release.... just undo a clasp and take it away... or make more than one of each compartment for swapping...
    EPYK : very imposing or impressive; surpassing the ordinary

lots of mod tutorials

MitaPi

Quote Originally Posted by EPYK
    how do you plan on runnig the power between the compartments?
    i have a trick into how im doing it all... i think it would be cool if you could make each compartment quick release.... just undo a clasp and take it away... or make more than one of each compartment for swapping...
    Eh, Having the compartments being able to be seperated would be kind of pointless and it wouldn't be as sturdy or as clean looking in the end. But thanks anyways! It actually was a good idea, but it is just not for this mod. Oh but the side panels will be like a quick release system. Havent quite figured it out yet, but they will be able to come off with ease.

Well those tubes aren't solid you know! lol. Everything will be wired through those tubes. The best part is that the tubes will be painted black too so you wont be able to see the wires.

UPDATE:

So I just found out today that my parents will be down at our lake home for about a month. Which pretty much means that things have come to a grinding stop for about two more weeks. But thats good in a way. Now I can take a break, read up on DIY stuff, plan some more, add more to my shopping list, and give the case a good run through with my brain to see if I have any critical errors or not.

Happy Modding!
    MitaPi

MitaPi

So I found this cool new wallpaper for my desktop and I just thought I would share it with you guys. ^_^

Life is like an analogy...

Oh but the side panels will be like a quick release system. Havent quite figured it out yet, but they will be able to come off with ease.
    ...strategically placed explosive charges should do the trick... once...

i think the swappable compartments would be an interesting idea, but not this particular case idea. you could just integrate a plug system into the joining walls so that when you have it lined up, everything just latches together and you can get instant power. of course... that means you need pre-existing and stationary wiring in each section. it would be cool though.

actually... i was just thinking about a cool way to turn everything on, besides a regular old switch. you could have a key or something to insert into the front or top of one of the section, and that could hit a switch or complete a circuit to turn everything on. that might be a really cool thing for a nuclear reactor mod... you push in the fuel rods and everything starts up.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it