Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: looking to mod my dell 4700

Default Re: looking to mod my dell 4700

can't find anything on creating tunnels.

ATX Mental Case

Just wondering In dells... the fan inside the lil vent thing over the CPU supposedly that is pushing air out.... through the little vent.. wouldnt it be better if it was pushing air onto the CPU

**EDIT**
    thort u mite like 2 see my parents dell dimension 3000... It looks exactly the same

no it should be exhausting, dell shipped them wrong. try it out.

ATX Mental Case

No but if it is spun around then it would be giving air to the CPU not taking it away, therefore the air isn't really going to cool it down... its just going to get taken away

Taking air away creates a vaccuumm (I never could spell that word) which pulls air through the whole system therefore creating a cooling effect.

For a cooler system (I did this on an experiment not even realizing it was a mod) put intake fans near the bottom of your case and exhaust fans near the top (out the very top if yer able).

Since hot air rises anyway, you're actually pulling all the cooler air into the system and over all your parts, then blowing the hot air out the top which is where it was headed to begin with. Let the air work for you... be the air...
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects"

Robert A. Heinlein

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcat View Post
    Let the air work for you... be the air...
    Ooooh that was so cheesy

i removed the floppy drive, but now i get an error everyboot up saying no floppy drive, hit f1 to continue, etc. can i disable this?

EDIT

after i did all my measurements, i decided to just go with a 92mm intake (front), 92mm exhaust (rear fan replacement), and a 80mm side (by the x850xt card) , and a 80mm fan between the greenchute and memory (helping exhaust). who has the largest selection of my sized led fans? inputs welcome. give me your opposition.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Does you computer try and boot from the floopy drive? or does it does auto detect that one is misssing?.

If it is trying to boot from it go into the computers bios by pressing either F12, F8, or Delete on startup. Go into the basic options and it will have boot order with like boot 1 floppy boot 2 HDD boot 3 optical drives etc. Change the first bootable device to HHD and save the change and exit the bios the computer should restart and the problem should be fixed.
    Need a sig

thanks, i figured it out before. i had to disable the device in bios lol. thanks

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Anytime man. Good to see you modding a stock standard computer like a dell. Good luck.
    Need a sig