Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360

Default Re: Xbox 360

If anyone else was following e3 on Gamespot (or anywhere else for that matter) the Xbox360 will be backwards compatible with 'top-selling' xbox games. Also the PS3 will be backwards compatible all the way back to the PS1.

IMO consoles are far better at particular types of games, platform/adventure games, I'm trying to describe Devil May Cry, party games like Mario Party, fighting games and some other quirky stuff. However RTS, FPS and I think detailed RPG's are the exclusive domain of the pc.

If any of you have seen the trailer to Killzone II (which you should have if you like games, its at gamespot), or Gears of War (Unreal Engine 3) on the PS3 and Xbox360 respectively it may seem that Console FPS is now an awesome reality.

Fresh Paint

The Xeno chip while being cool. but like i said i watched E3'05 on tech tv and let me tell you after seeing the ps3 with the dual graphic cards is awesome. i am sorry but it look like microsoft was such in a hurry to put the xbox 360 together that they just took the parts out of the old xbox and put them in the xbox360 case. i am sorry but i think they have a long way to go before the catch up with the Playstation 3

Sorry xbox fans

Whats even more impressive is that the PS3 doesn't actually have dual cards, it just has an Nvidia GPU that is more than twice as powerfull as a 6800gt or whatever the top of the line card is (I'm an ATI man )

Most of the games on show were for platforms they had recieved for dev a month before their tech demo's were available.
    So they had to rewrite engines, change and utilize graphics engines, produce cutting edge models, textures, lighting, mapping etc and tie it all togethor into their 'PROMOTIONAL' E3 demos, which are as said promotional and intended to grab the target audience.
    And while i'm not taking sides on the console war -PC gamer and always will be- i think that both consoles will bring forth their target audience...
    XBOX - Those who just cant wait to get a next gen console
    PS3 - Those willing to wait for the console which has been thus far deemed better...
    Which does sound a lot like the reciprocal of the way it went last time... PS2 first, XBOX newer tech. It seems now that they are evenly spread amongst console gamers.

What i'm most interested in are the techniques they used to render the real time shots of docter octavious... those are some sweet ass renders... ESP. for real time.

Water Cooled

James2113 dont be so sure that ps3 will be so much better than xbox. while ps3 has a powerfull graphics card, dont forget the xbox's graph card + the 3 x 3.2ghz ibm chips. if they utilize the chips for multiple threads in games for rendering and calculations, it will be pretty damn fast. and as i posted before its not gonna be the hardware that will decide which is better. you can have amazing graphics in games that suck in gameplay and storyline or very good graphics with addictive gameplay and great story line. which one would you go for?

Fresh Paint

All the XboX 360 demo's you saw on the e3 -expo where running on apple g5 see --->http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/...spx?i=2420&p=5

Ive got a site that can give u a free xbox 360 for only 8 refferals. Its fast and easy and there is no risk. There is no scam or spam. plus u can get a free xbox 360 game with it. Ive used this site and ive gotten a free psp and a free 40gig ipod

http://www.xbox3604free.com/default.aspx?r=396912

The SlackMeister

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty1111
    Ive got a site that can give u a free xbox 360 for only 8 refferals. Its fast and easy and there is no risk. There is no scam or spam. plus u can get a free xbox 360 game with it. Ive used this site and ive gotten a free psp and a free 40gig ipod

http://www.xbox3604free.com/default.aspx?r=396912
    SPAM! BANNN

Water Cooled

I second the motion
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown

Overclocked

BAN, look at that bacon sizzle!!!
    - AMD Athlon64 3200+@2.2Ghz | Gigabyte K8NSC-939 nForce3 250Gb | ASUS 6600GT 256MB |1GB Kingston ValueRAM