Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voice Recognition

Anodized

Default Voice Recognition

Wouldn't it be cool if you didn't need to hold your button for voice chat, but instead registered two commands via your mic to control it? For example, to chat to the others in your team you could program a software to respond to "Cortana, Put me through!" to toggle your voice chat key on. Then you say "disable transmission" to turn it off. Is it even possible?

Default Re: Voice Recognition

They can configure a phone to activated by voice command, why not...

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast

Anodized

I've never tried it before, so I guess you'd have to get a certain kind of software to toggle a certain keystroke for you? If so, where can i find one that does that? :x

I know voice recognition software is used for text entry, but in a video game is another matter. I'm sure you could google voice recognition and find out something.

Anodized

Hmm, what should i look for? what terms? it seems like "voice recognition" would just give me random software for voice-to-text..

I had a similar setup in my old lab. The keyword was "Daria" (yes Beavis and Butthead reference). If you said "lights on!" Nothing would happen. If you said "Daria!(less than 3 second pause)lights on!" All the lights in the lab would come up full brightness. "Daria, lets get cozy!" would turn the lights down to presentation level. There were more and some of them were fairly racy. One of the bad things that we were working on was the fact that there was no "not found" routine in the software (fixed I think), so if you said "Daria, can you pop over to the fridge and grab me a beer", the _best_ match would be performed, even if that best match was shutting the system down. The software was however setup with a time out. If you said "Daria..." then nothing else for 3 seconds, the system would not do anything and would wait for the keyword again. The voice recognition software was IBM's open source "viavoice" running on a linux box. The different algorithm's take up some pretty hefty processing power so nothing else was running on this box except a web interface for the video/audio switcher, which the voice recognition software interfaced with.

Here is a Linux link...
    http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Speech-Recogni.../software.html

And here is a random link to other software I have not used.
    http://eflite.sourceforge.net/
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Anodized

Thanks for the links. If all fails, I might as well try out the Daria thing, but on a seperate computer just for kicks. However, I've never worked with Linux before, so that might be a problem. Seemed extremely cool thugh. I'll try out the second link as soon as i can.

Pretty sweet Airbozo. +rep for the explanation and useful links.

Noobish, but Trying.

There is a program I've used which works fairly well called Game Commander.

LINK

It's designed to work with games, and it responds very well to almost any voice command once it's set up.

Peace
    FyreKnight

Anodized

Thanks, Fyreknight. I'd take your word for game commander, but the price tag... $50 - $70 ?!!! Can you tell me the limits of the program? For example, what it Can't do?