Thread: ati drivers issues

Default ati drivers issues

hi to all i do not post often here but read daily and have had many questions answered by many of you.

So today I cant find the answer i was looking for so thought I would ask.

i am running a ati crossfire set up x1900 series and the os is Vista ultimate 32 bit

I was understanding that the next set of drivers ( 7.2 or something like that ) would allow me to get back to the resolutions I had with xp. but I am still stuck at 1360x768 if I want to have a full screen if I push up to what the screen can handle 1920 x 1080 or full HD 1080p It wont let me stretch it to full screen.
    The option is not in the ati ccc ,

so that all said I am looking for help

thanks in advance
    my 3D animatin rig,Thermaltake tai chi case, asus P5Wdh, pD 940 3.2,PSU enermax sli 600W& FSP 300w,4 gig's samsung ddr2 ati x1900xtx and x1900 master,sound blaster elite pro ,x4 250 gig HD from samsung (x2) x16 DvD Win TV 250 PVR capture card, 37"full HD LG lcd. Cooling Koolance PC4 1000 x3 120 mm fans on the external rad,thermaltake volcano 4005 cpu waterblock, koolance water blocks HD's Chipset's,Ram tidewater plus for the GPU's.

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Default Re: ati drivers issues

Ive had the same problem on all my monitors other than my main one. Please help me also...

Case Wizard

I don't know about AMD, but Nvidia has a place (special website or page, I don't remember) where you can submit your issues. The issues that are most prevalent will be addressed in their next driver update.

ATI/AMD is likely to be the best source to answer this question. I also run Crossfire 1900s but not in Vista. Historically ATI has been slow to produce the proper drivers, but they get them eventually. I don't know how it is now that they partnered up with AMD. I would go to www.ati.amd.com and download the problem report wizard, register your hardware, submit a tech support request and see what they say. Don't forget to update this thread with what you learn, I'd like to see if it's worth it to upgrade to Vista.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri