Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Monitor MOD

Default Re: Monitor MOD

Dude, instead of paying HD or Lowes prices, check around with some auto glass places. You'll get it much cheaper (in my experience anyway).

Austral Alien

Or try a glazier. I get my perspex through a local one quite cheap. They even cut to size if need be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

Go ahead, impress me Spacehonkey's Avatar

I never really thought of those 2 places thx I'll call around and see who has the better deal.

That's classified.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacehonkey View Post
    There is this little hole with a lock symbol on it, I'm guessing this case is locked into place (never heard of that before).

Do I need some special tool to unlock the case or what? I just don't want to crack the case by doing something stupid.
    Just so you know, that's a Kensington lock where you can put a bicycle-type lock in it to secure it to your desk. Usually only companies use it to prevent theft. You should see the same things on the side or back of all laptops.

I'm starting to get the hang of SketchUp. Here's what I want to do to my monitor.

I would like your opinion on the design. Should I leave it simple like this or add some more to it?

Also are there any problems that I might run into do this?

If I only put one LED on the left and right of the monitor will I run into problems light up some of the edges?

unless your bolting it to a desk, its gonna be top heavy.

Well I haven't thought to much about the base it will be attached to. I guess it will be a wide flat plate big enough to balance the weight of the monitor.

Overclocked

(I'm not shure how heavy your monitor is) but if it's light enough, you can make that (spinal chord?) from a gooseneck (mechanical, not real) so you have full adjustment capabilaties, but yeah, you should consider the base, it's better to have something that works, than something that looks cool, once you know it works, than you can make it look cool (at least, that's what I do...)

hope this helps

Nick_Black

sometimes I feel lost... than I remember I'm not going anywhere.

Overclocked

You could mod something with your base. Considering you're going with something that contain bones, you could use your imagination and do something in the same themes.

I dont know if the bones siding the screen are supposed to be hands or the thoracic cage (how do we spell that?), but you could go with a thoracic cage or some boney legs instead of a plain metal/pleci/plastic base.

Ok good ideas.

Yes the bones on the side are suppose to be hands. I plan on using some realistic human skeleton hands attached to the forearms and a human skeleton spinal cord that I'll buy of the net. I just used basic shapes in SketchUp to represent the basic shape of the bones to get the idea across.

As for the base I'll have to put some ideas together. Right off the bat I was thinking something like the ALIEN MOUSE theme for the base. You know some bones placed on the base with some bondo. Maybe that's where I can use a snake skeleton.